Page 40 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Pinkdove you do seem to be tolerating the higher dose where as im not, my anxiety is unbearable and ive literally been climbing the walls, ive took 15mg of diazepam throughout the day and its not touched the sides really so i know i need to decrease back x x

yea nicola we are all different, hard to know what to do for the best. good luck with it hun, i will try this dose a wee while longer and see if it kicks in xx

Its such a rollercoaster ride and such an emotional one at that! X x

Hi guys. Your right Nicola if u feel like that then u defo need to decrease. Hope it's not to hard for u.

Pink... I'm feelin good actually. Been out for a meal tonight so that's a good thing. But u defo need to just give it a good go and if not then just drop back Hun. U will b ok. X

Lou x

Hi I'm new to this site, I took Citalopram for 6 years the dosage varied from time to time to the max of 60mg, but was mainly taking 40mg daily. This drug worked well for me until last August when I became very anxious and depressed due to life stresses. I stopped the Citalopram and started taking Mirtazapine, my life up until now has been a living hell, I was suicidal, I hated everything and everyone around me. I stopped the Mirtazapine and moved onto Lafepramine and Diazepam which unfortunately hasnt worked for me either. After a consultation with my Psychiatrist today I'm starting Venafaxine 37.5mg in the mirning. I'm nervous as to what to expect side effect wise, has anybody actually experienced no side effects on this drug?

morning marley, yes i went from citalopram to vex overnight, and suffered no side effects from ven at all, a bit of withdrawal from the cit, but i could handle it.

i know how hard it is starting a new ad, but i think ven on the whole is a much gentler ad than cit, but to be honest it takes time to work.

keep posting for support, we are all here to help you, and good luck xx

kate how are you ?

pip, i am cracking on with the 150mg hope you are well

lou, how are you today, you seem to be coping well....that's great xx

nicola hope you are ok this morning xx

i am the same as yesterday, no worse, and am determined to give this dose time to settle xx

Hello guys.

I'm good thanks pink. Hope u start to get better. It will come I promise.

Marley.... I have been on citalopram, fluoxetine and sertralibe and all gave me horrific side effects. The ven was the easiest to start with next to none side effects. Good luck and I hope it works for u x

Lou did you not like the sert? I am on them now been on them 7 weeks. Still waiting for the big happy moment lol. No, I find them okish early days yet.

Cathy xx

Hi Marley and

Have a read back over this thread and you'll see the different ways we've all reacted to venlafaxine. I've had minimal side effects and have found it really beneficial. I too started on 37.5 mg a day and went upto 75 mg after a week. I've been stable on this dose for over 3 months.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Cathy... I wasn't on them long enough as I asked to swap to my old anti ds that had previously worked. Anxiety made me think y change somethin if it wasn't broken. So can't say really but they were gonna b my next option until the dr suggested the ven.
    Lou xx

Page 40 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread Information