Page 491 of 507 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Hi Annie, my emotions are all over at the min, I just keep crying alot of the time, I worked myself up into a right state last night cause hubby had gone back to work, I felt so panicky and had bad chest pains and was crying so took half a Diazepam so only 1mg and calmed down quite a bit but doubt that was the Diazepam at that low dose!! I didn't sleep great and have been up since 4 but not feeling too bad at the min. I'm just taking one day at a time at the min, that's all we can do really isn't it hun? Sending love XX

Hi Nicola
    have sent you a private message xxx
    how are you Stephen. What have you decided to do . Keep in touch and take care xx

Hi guys, thanks so much for your words of support. It really helps to speak to people who understand what I am going through. They have started me on 75mg for 1 week then up to 112.5mg. I'm just quite nervous about it. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I'm glad I found this forum. It has really helped to read your experiences. Hope you are all well xx

Hi, I'm new to the site and just started on Venlafaxine yesterday. I've only had two doses so far (37.5mg twice a day for a week, going up to 75mg twice a day in 7 days).

I've come off Mertazapine (after many others) and this is my last ditch attempt to get on something to feel normal again. I've only had 5 hours sleep during the last 3 days. I've just been back to the doctor who has given me 5mg Diazapine (to alternate with Zopiclone) to get me thru the first couple of weeks whilst they kick in and to help me sleep at night. 5mg didn't work though and I was awake after an hour and a half.

I feel absolutely terrible though. I've got all the common side effects - I’m really shaky this morning, I’ve had tingling all down both arms, tinitus, nausea, hot and cold flushes all night, dry mouth and fuzzy head. I know these side effects will get less in time but I don't know if I can stand two weeks of this. I run my own business on my own so have no-one else to fall back on. I also have two children who need me in a good state of mind.

I can't imagine how I will feel when I increase the dose in a week's time, these tablets feel so strong!

At what point should I ask to go on the slow release tablets?

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get thru this initial period please? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I've just replied to your other post. Your experiencing all the normal initial start up effects which will lesson in time, I asked for the slow release once I reached the dose of 150mg, i had to literally beg for it tho as Gps are reluctant to prescribe due to it being expensive! It's so hard especially when you've how children, I've got a son too and had to rely on my husband and my parents alot more to help me. Do you feel the Diazepam isn't helping? How many 5mg tablets can you take in one day? When I started I was taking 10mg of Diazepam a day and zopiclone at night X

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_witsend View Post
    Hi guys, thanks so much for your words of support., It really helps to speak to people who understand what I am going through. They have started me on 75mg for 1 week then up to 112.5mg. I'm just quite nervous about it. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I'm glad I found this forum. It has really helped to read your experiences. Hope you are all well xx
    Hi Stephen. Just post anytime your need any help and one of us will try and reply, this thread has been my lifeline and going for 3 years now! X

No, Diazepam isn't helping, I'm meant to take EITHER Zopiclone (7.5mg) OR Diazepam (5mg) on alternative days. Neither are giving me more than 2 hrs sleep at a time.

Do you know if there are any more effective sleeping pills that are safe to be taken with Venlafaxine?

I feel that I could cope so much better if only I could get a decent night's sleep!

There is another sleeping tablet called zolpidem or temazepam which is similar to Diazepam but more sedating, you could ring your Gp up and have a telephone consultation and see what they suggest. What time do you take your second dose of ven? You could try taking it a bit earlier to see if that helps with your sleep X

Now that's a coincidence! I spoke to the on call doc who agreed to give me Zolpiderm (10mg) to take every other night so that's great, I'm glad it's the same as you suggested, it's reassuring.

I took my first dose at 6.30 this morning so that I could take it at 6.30 this evening rather than later on.

I just need to ask my doctor if he will prescribe the slow release version when I move up to 75mg twice a day next Tuesday now.

Thanks for your advice, it is invaluable to me at the minute, I'm feeling so desperate. xxx

That's good then, yes take your ven 12 hours apart but def ask for the slow release it's so much easier to take and I believe you get smoother ride side effect side on them X

What time of day do you take the slow release? First thing in the morning? Is there a specific brand that I ask for that do the slow release version? Thanks again for your help xxx

Page 491 of 507 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501 ... LastLast

Thread Information