Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Are you plagued by fears about your body or health? Are you suffering from Health Anxiety? Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum or the medication forum or the symptoms forum.

Old 15-03-12, 07:55

Hand cramping / pins and needles at night

Hello all
And sorry if you've heard this before. I'm just really worried about my hands. I'm woken by pins and needles / cramping in my left hand several times at night, I have to shake my arm to get it back to normal. I often wake up with pins and needles in both hands. Sometimes because I've slept on them wrong, but sometimes not.

I don't have carpal tunnel, but I do have problems with my neck.
I have a hard time believing this is all due to anxiety, since it only happens at night.
Any thoughts?
Old 15-03-12, 09:50
Intermediate Member

Re: Hand cramping / pins and needles at night

Hi Katie, the median nerve responsible for carpal tunnel can cause referred neck pain: http://ezinearticles.com/?Neck-Pain-...ling&id=575088

Did you do what I suggested and see a different doctor for further tests and a second opinion?
Old 15-03-12, 18:55

Hi Crystal, and thanks for your response in the previous thread.

I have deciced to give it a few weeks, since I just started on fluoxetine, exercise + a healthier diet, so I'm waiting to see if there's any effect. My neck is in knots but I still don't have actual pain in my hands. I still don't believe I have carpal tunnel, but time will tell. I'm hoping I don't have to go back with this problem, but if I do I'm hoping for carpal tunnel!

Thanks again!
Katie
Old 15-03-12, 21:14
Intermediate Member

Yeah good idea, give it a while and then see if it disappears on its own. It could be a trapped nerve in the neck - have you thought of going to get a massage? I'm a trained massage therapist (how I developed carpal tunnel lol) and saw many people with your kind of symptoms and massage really helped them.

Tags
cramping, hand, needles, night, pins