Thread: Holding the toilet in

Question Holding the toilet in

I read in Google that holding the toilet in is bad for you and can lead to bowel obstruction. Lately I've been working 8 hours shifts but sometimes get wind/feeling I need or maybe need but can hold it back until later in the day when I finish work.

Could this been bad for me?

(I started out getting frequent movements going about 4-5 times a day couldn't hold it in. Past few months my stomach has settled and I've been able to go to work and with a slight cramp but go after my 8 hour shift when I get home..so is it bad yo leave it off? It's confusing as if I go every time I think I need I'll go about every 5 mins sometimes for constipation or wind..so I duno if it's a positive sign my IBS is settled now the urgency has gone or if I really should make an effort of getting rid if I get a slight cramp to go..I mean I get bowel cramps like I really need some days...well the odd day but I do try and go in that day but I don't feel much so I go the next day..so why am I getting the feeling like I actually need is it IBS? But anyway is it damaging if I do sort of need a little bit to hold off that shift? The odd time I've actually not been able to hold off so I went but now I can mostly hold off..so is that a good sign or a worrying one?)
    Last edited by phil06; 31-03-12 at 03:46.

Re: Holding the toilet in

Yes Phil holding it in is bad and you shouldn't do it

Did you get my PM by the way?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information