Thread: Really Persistant constipation and reflux???

Really Persistant constipation and reflux???

So for the past week or two, I have rarely gone number two... I don't ever get the urge to go, and when I force myself and strain it comes out very little either hard as a rock or very watery.. Combined with this I'm also having this very annoying itch in my throat and a dry cough which leads me to silent reflux.

I'm mainly worried about the constipation though... Is is okay if only a little comes out per day? Could I still get blockage and get sent to the hospital? I need some reassurance, I can't stop thinking about this. It's been almost 2 weeks already... Could this be serious? I'm going on a family trip today and only come back on sunday, and my doc appointment is only next thursday and that feels soo far away! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Really Persistant constipation and reflux???

I get this quite often ,in fact its very rare these days i can do a "normal " no2! Dont worry it can be just part of your anxiety or a side effect from any medication your taking. I take sertraline and that gives me very bad indigestion and constipation i take 20mg of omeprazole after my main meal of the day to help with the acid reflux. When you see your GP and tell them your concerns they may prescribe you something to settle your stomach. oh and dont strain and eat some fibre ,fruit n veg i have prunes every other morning!

Hmm I haven't been taking any medication though and my diet is the same as it's always been and I never had any trouble before.. though I do admit I'm pretty anxious lately.. I feel a little pressure in my lower back, feels like there's some trapped gas or something.

Also is it probable that I have IBS (because of the constipation), Silent Reflux (because of the tickly throat, dry cough) and anxiety at the same time?

I'm terrrified that I'll get worse until my doc appointment a week from now.. Need some reassurance :(

well im sure its nothing serious but you are obviously very concerned so i would try to get an appointment sooner with your GP or sometimes i find chemists are very knowledgable about various ailments and could perhaps recommend something to ease your discomfort. The more anxious you are the more you will focus on your symptoms try distracting yourself listen to music / tv etc and see if you feel any better.

hmm ok.. At least when I go a little bit comes out, worse would be if nothing came out... but the other thing that worries me is this very ANNOYING tickly throat which provokes dry coughing... It's been almost a week since I've had this.. should I be worried? Sometimes it makes me feel out of breath, but I think that's from the anxiety and the constant coughing.

Thread Information