Thread: Should i be worried?!

Should i be worried?!

Hey all, Well on thurs night i got a really bad upset stomach, was in bed all day on friday and only managed to eat a cracker, felt so so ill as hadnt eaten anything but nothing would stay in sorry if TMI! Anyway last night i felt alot better even ate a proper meal. then this morning im back on the toilet again! I feel very very weak,but i am drinking and eatinng etc also have a mild headache when i look upwards if that makes sence. My daughter today has come down with sickness so im trying to be reasured this is a bug and nothing else! Do i need to be worried about this?? I havnt been sick at all just the other end! xxx

Re: Should i be worried?!

you have gastric, probably norovirus to be specific. i had it back in december, it's nothing to worry about. just a tummy bug/virus. some people throw up, some have problems on the other end, some have both. stick to eating light things, crackers, some soup, bit of bread/light toast, yoghurts etc. mine cleared within a couple days but it may take a bit longer for some people. the only complication from it is dehydration, a mild headache could indicate you're a little dehydrated, or could just be a bit of stress, but still make sure you're drinking enough water etc Xx

Thanks hunny, thats put my mind at rest. :-) xx

no problem at all, i freaked when i had it, i was throwing up constantly all night the first night, i didn't want to be left alone either incase 'something bad happened to me' , but that was my health anxiety playing up, coupled with the fact that the virus can make you feel terrible. i got a fever with it a few days later and was getting chills etc too, i was even more panicked. but after reading up on it and getting through it fine i was like 'why was i worried?' but i know how bad worry feels, so it's always good to know what you're dealing with and that it will pass

Loads of tummy bugs around Helen - you will be fine even if only able to tolerate fluids fir a few days :-) xx

Thread Information