Thread: just took first propanalol 1 hour ago

just took first propanalol 1 hour ago

Hi
    I cannot take meds for fear of side effects. But after a horrendous PA yest
    I decided I would try one 10mg today. I was going to take it first thing, but it took till 3.30 to talk myself into it. I also decided to come to this forum to try n keep my mind from 'imagining' side effects.

I do, feel a little 'fuzzy' not dizzy..... its hard to explain. At least I dont feel nauseated which was my main worry.

I just hate taking meds!!! just the thought that I'll need to keep taking them...
    if they work really annoys me

I have valium for a back up but the docs are going on about how addictive they are and they would rather I took propanalol!!

Do the side effects wear off?

Re: just took first propanalol 1 hour ago

Hello Dally,
    Ive been put on 10mg of propanalol 3 times a day, ive been on then for about 2 weeks at first i got headaches and dizzy spells but they seem to have mostly gone :-) all im getting is tiredness which is normal. I have troubles with irregular heartbeat and panic attacks and i do belive these are helping me, i have more positives and feeling like im coping just a tad better :-). I hope they are fine for you!!
    Take care :-)

Re: just took first propanalol 1 hour ago

Thanks for your reply. 6 hours after taking them. I have felt headachey and fuzzy. (wouldnt say dizzy) but I dont like the feeling. If I thought I had to put up with this spaced out feeling for the whole time I would be taking propanalol, I dont think I would continue taking it.

I'm glad to hear these SE dissapear tho.

I was prescribed them years ago and told the doc I hated the headaches and he said its all in your mind cos they are prescribed for migraines!!!!

hope they help you with your PA. please let me know if they do and how your getting on.. xx

Thread Information