Thread: White furry poop - is it my liver?

White furry poop - is it my liver?

I feel really queasy at moment and can't eat. I'm pooping a lot and my poop seems to be covered in some kind of white fur or fuzz. I have been taking paracetamol every day for months due to backache and I'm worried I've damaged my liver. I also had pain in my right upper abdomen.

I can't concentrate for worrying. Has anyone had this and can reassure me?

Re: White furry poop - is it my liver?

Are you sure it is fur or fuzz and not just mucus?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It looks kind of like a furry coating and some of it was floating in the water and was white and stringy looking. Is this what mucus would look like? I know I'm panicking - feel a bit better just from being in here and reading a few pages.

Could it be worms?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Red face Re: White furry poop - is it my liver?

I don't think so - when feeling a bit more rational my first thought was mucus. I'm just worried that with my paracetamol use and pain under right rib it could be more serious. I also feel sick but haven't vomited.

Hiya.
    You could ring NHS direct if your really worried, or maybe phone your GP in the morning? They could reassure you and maybe make you an appointment. I'm sorry I can't throw any light on this. All I can say is that I do occasionally get mucus in my poop and when I did mention it to my doctor he said it's likely to be a symptom of IBS and didn't seem to be all that concerned. Sorry I can't be of any further help.

I've never had this, but the first thing I thought of was either worms of mucus. How is your diet? Have you had any changes in it lately?

I do not think it is anything serious but you should see a doctor asap, as they will be able to tell you what it is to keep your mind at rest and hopefully treat it

I also suggest ringing NHS direct if you're worried. They will not give you a diagnosis but they basically tell you if it's anything serious or not and tell you whether to see a doctor, go to the hospital etc or just some home treatment plans, they've even sent me lots of stuff through the post when I rung up during a panic attack. I've rung them for many things and they are extremely helpful. You have to be in the UK to ring them though.

Make sure you keep us updated! Hope you are well x

Thread Information