Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 weeks in Cit.

Re: 2 weeks in Cit.

Well another person on here mentioned that the difference is cost. 90p for Cit per pack and £9 for ecitalopram. My doc told.me that they no.longer prescribe it! There were no side effects and it's just a better quality. Annoying thing is...I would happily pay for it!! I see at home brand cola vs Coca Cola. Does the same thing but better quality x

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    It's different for everyone - I started to feel better after a couple of weeks too. For some people it can take 6-8 weeks though.
    How do you know it was the Cit that was making you feel better? I was told that it takes at least a month before it can have any positive affect. Maybe I was told wrongly so.

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    How do you know it was the Cit that was making you feel better? I was told that it takes at least a month before it can have any positive affect. Maybe I was told wrongly so.
    Because just before I started taking it, my life felt like hell basically. For the first few days, I had bad side effects like insomnia, loss of appetite and low energy, but I gradually began to feel better after a week or so. By week 3, I started to feel a lot better.

i have posted a few times about this after a terrible time on cit. My other half researched the difference between cit and ecs for weeks. To cut a long story short esc is the improved cleaner version of cit with nearly 9 pound difference per packet. my doctor told me the research from the british medical association is that esc has the lowest proven se's most doctors wont prescribe it because of the cost. I was very lucky with my doctor he could see what a state i was in on cit. I have now built up to 7.5mg of esc now and the se's have been nothing like cit thank god but everyone is different and millions can tolerate cit and is a wonder drug for many. hope this helps xxx

I also asked my doctor about changing over to Escitalopram from citalopram because i have been on cit for 6 weeks and still feel dizzy. i just got a rude reply back saying its not a cleaner version its just a different chemical complex and works a bit faster so theres no point changing over as ive been on citalopram for 6 weeks already.

not what i wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by loopylu86 View Post
    Well another person on here mentioned that the difference is cost. 90p for Cit per pack and £9 for ecitalopram. My doc told.me that they no.longer prescribe it! There were no side effects and it's just a better quality. Annoying thing is...I would happily pay for it!! I see at home brand cola vs Coca Cola. Does the same thing but better quality x
    Is 90p the manufacturing cost then? Of course, by the time it reaches us (ie the consumers) it costs £7.65.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information