Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First sick day in 4 years

First sick day in 4 years

Just typical; managed to get a throat infection so am about to go to bed. didnt sleep very well last night - had very sore throat, pounding headache, aching joints & muscles. Feeling guilty about not being at work, also feel sorry for myself but have just downed some nice soluble asperin (along with today's prozac tablet) so should feel better soon.

Re: First sick day in 4 years

Your health is much more important than work so don't feel guilty. I have been off since June due to an accident and I must admit I have felt guilty but really we shouldn't. Hope you feel better soon

thanks annie i know you are right. my counsellor had told me "look after myself" the other day so i'm doing doing what's best. must have been horrible having an accident. hope you are recovering ok.

It is taking a long time but I should be back at work in a couple of weeks. I was painting and fell off the ladder badly fracturing my foot.

I too am off work at the moment, but as a result of my depression and anxiety. I also feel bad for taking time off, but I do begin to slowly realise that my health is the most important thing. Thankfully my manager is being very understanding in knowing that depression and anxiety don't vanish at the click of a finger or overnight, and that I need to take time to ground myself. She was also helpful in suggesting a gradual return to work rather than a sudden return to full time work.

Recently i'd been thinking about when i was signed off for 2 wks (about 7 yrs ago amidst heavy duty cbt). i remember one day going outside for a walk, standing there and actually really enjoying the fresh air. initially i thought being signed off was bad, like i was weak for not coping. but actually it was a very positive thing & turned my depression around.
    LS, you are right about your health being the most important thing. it's really great that your manager is being very understanding; that's a huge positive for when you do feel able to return to work. a gradual return to work is spot on as well.

Ouch, annie. when you did it that must have hurt like hell. i've had cuts before & twisted joints but never actually broken anything.

its been quite comforting this afternoon being on here. instead of the usual mindless chatter in my brain when i'm alone, i've "chatted" with some real people instead.

I badly fractured my third metatarsal and my 5th metatarsal and I dislocated my little toe as well as lots of ligament damage. It still hurts now but I can manage without pain killers now.

still feeling like crap. doesnt help we had a mouse (which i thought was a rat) in our kitchen cupboard. i'd gone to sleep in our lounge as lying down was making me cough. first off thought i was "hearing things" then realised there really was something in the cupboard. took us 2 hours to sort it out so i feel worse today than i did yesterday. oh, it ate our bread rolls too and they were posh ones from Waitrose. suppose i cant begrudge a little furry animal on a cold night, can I?

Tessar, after I divorced from my first husband I went with my 3 children to live in a house in the countryside. It was a lovely house but the mice found a way up through the walls and into the fitted wardrobe in my bedroom. I had mouse traps in there and I kept getting woke up by the mouse traps going off through the night!

i shouldnt laugh but i just did, out loud as well.
    honestly, i'm not afraid of the them at all but you should have seen the tentative way i opened the cupboard. i really did expect a huge rat to pop out. made me laugh that my partner stood well back! well, i suppose someone had to hold the outside door at the ready...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information