Thread: Lower Abdominal Pain, Pressure above pubic bone

Unhappy Lower Abdominal Pain, Pressure above pubic bone

Hello All, I am new here. I have been having this problem for probably 4 months now and no doc can help me...........
    I have Constant pain just above my pubic bone (not a UTI) as they have treated me 3 times for that with no bacteria found. Been through STD tests and all clear there. Had 4 ultra sounds of my pelvis (all normal) as well as a colonoscopy (witch my doc said i have a very spastic colon) and a CT scan. No one can help me. My doc has refereed me to a Gyno doc, so i have to wait to see when i will get in to see them.
    I am in pain every day all day! I just want to cry.
    The pain is pressure like i am bloated, but with pain. I have lost almost 30 ponds since this all started and I have no appetite at all! I force myself to eat.
    I am unsure if its my bladder or Intestines. If the ultra sounds show that my uterus and all my lady parts are normal then it must be the other 2. I have had 3 kids by C section, so I do wonder also about adhesions or Endo.
    Anyone else feel what I feel...........

Re: Lower Abdominal Pain, Pressure above pubic bone

and constant Pressure from my belly button down to my pubic bone. Feels bloated and pressure.

I know you posted awhile ago. Did you get any better? I am going through something similar right now. Right below my belly button I have bloating and pain probably 80% of the time. This morning I woke up with back and hip pain and can't go back to sleep. Scared shitless don't know what to do. My doc says get a colonoscopy but I can't bear the thought of going through it. What have you done? Any tests?

i would say that a diagnosis of a spastic colon is enough in itself to give you a reason for the pain.. add that to the possibility of adhesions (which i've had and know are a horrible kind of pain), and i think you've probably got your culprits right there.

did your doc give you any antispasmodics?

i too have pain between my tummy button and pubic bone it gets so tense and then i find it hard to open my bowels,went to the docs yesterday he couldnt really feel anthing going on but it could be tension,but hes sending me for a scan when the appt arrives! will post how i get on.

Well its back again, Its been about a week plus and this lower pelvic pain and twitching, pressure, bloating is back. Constantly!
    The last time I posted and had this I had gone through many many test and scans. As well as lap surgery and colonoscopy. The Colonoscopy said Very Spastice Colon (IBS) and Lap showed a Small amount of Endo.
    I also had a IUD placed in to help with heavy periods.
    Have had no problems since all that until lately. It started after Christmas this year with the Pressure in my lower pelvis above my Pubic bone. That is still there, and terrible abdominal bloating ..... every ware! Nausia almost every day.
    I have pondered going to see my doctor again, but I know he will tell me there is nothing they can do for me.
    Christmas was very stressful so I am not sure if this is what set it all off again? Maybe :(
    I just want it to stop and I just want to CRY!!!

Well its been a Bit since I have been on here, I still have the Every day pain, Bloating, and sick to my stomach. I Have had a Ultra sound and all looks good but the IUD is sitting low in my Uterus, So I go on Thursday to the Gyno and she will try to remove it, Guess the strings have gone up in my uterus and my doc cant remove it. Hope she can if not I have to go for surgery.... Wonderful! Just what I need :"(
    Maybe this is all because of the IUD, But I doubt it. But hope so
    Guess I will find out at the end of the week.
    I cant eat as I have no appetite, I force myself to eat. The pain has become almost burning feeling across the lower ab, and my clothes feel so tight. In the AM its not bad but as the morning progresses it gets worse. Its 3pm and I want to take my pants off sooooo bad!

It has been awhile since anyone posted here I see. Well, I am having similar symptoms. It started 1 1/2 months ago and I thought it bacterial. A C&S and UA were done and only minimal bacteria showed up. Doc put me on amoxicillin for 5 days to resolve. Nothing! I went back and so far I have had four pelvic exams in 3 weeks, an Ultrasound, a trip to the urologist today who ruled out any concerns, and now I am told I should see a GI doc and consider a colonoscopy, it been 5 year since the last one. Symptoms had me believing it was my period coming on at first, then a possible cyst (I have had them before). Description of pain: Started the first week on the left lower quadrant (near my ovary), quickly it gravitated midway just above my pubic gone and about every other day I can feel it on my lower right side as well. I would describe the feeling as: Dull ache, noticed more so around 4-6am when my bladder would be at its fullest. No pain, just dull and constant ache with occasional burning feeling. Also bloating like I am 3 mos. pregnant. Two GYN's, a naturopath consultant and a urologist later...no concrete answers. Ideas being kicked around of what it may be: Diverticulosis, diet, colon issues .

Thread Information