Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood when wiping after bowel movement :(

Blood when wiping after bowel movement :(

Well I had managed to put this lumpy pile thing to the back of my mind, until yesterday! It was hurting me and I needed the loo but I held it all I could as i was at work! then I HAD to go and when i did i pushed really fast! and only a bit came out! then when to the cinema and went again when i got home, I didnt strain but when I wiped there was blood on the tissue :( bright red blood! Is this ok to just leave? or do I need to see my doc? It's never bled before xx

Re: Blood when wiping after bowel movement :(

Sounds like piles and fissures to me?

I had this happening and went to the GP the same day and she checked me over and said it was just piles and fissures and they bleed a lot at times!! bright red blood too.

Has your GP already said you have piles? has he/she gave you any cream for it? If not I would buy some over the counter and see what happens in a few days.

I don't know your backstory so when you say lumpy pile thing I assume you have the haemorrhoids!! Bleeding is a VERY common symptom with them and it's scary because the blood is mega red!!!

I get it often but now I know what it is it doesn't worry me. I just treat myself, take lots of warm baths, wipe myself with unscented baby wipes to keep clean and then after a few days it gets better.

Like I said, I don't know your back story so would you mind sharing it again for me?

I went to the docs, as I have like sorry tmi...a squidgy lump on the protruding out from side of my anus. The first doc said a pile, then after a month and no change went and saw another and he said it couldnt be a pile as it wasnt bothering me at all! and he said ''its just one of those things'' so Im not sure! but sometimes i get the occasional itch and now this blood :(

As long as the blood is bright red its fine and it will be from a pile. You can get quite a bit of blood if a pile bursts too. Its if the blood is dark you need to worry because this means its coming from a bleed inside you. I know this for a fact that bright red fresh blood is normal with piles as I worked in a nursing home and many of the residents had them and also I've had them myself xx

Aw thank you I thought with it been bright red it was probably ok! It was just as Iv had this pile for around 3/4 months and it doesnt usually bother me at all xx

Ok you def have piles!! As Cassy said, it is common with piles.

Yup, definitely piles -- bright red blood and piles is so common and nothing to worry about. Lots of people have piles which don't bother them - a friend of mine had really bad piles and the only symptom really was constipation, but that was when she had loads of piles both inside and out.

Itching is also really common with piles too

Happens to me now and again. Piles is the cause of mine.

I get quite a lot of blood sometimes, it is bright red in colour . I did check with the doctor who did an examination and confirmed I have a small pile. Apparently if you are constipated and strain when going to the toilet there can be more blood. If you already havn't then best to check with GP who can reassure you.

Hi Zee, This is the first time I have had blood! I have had this lump for ages, so I was concerned as its never happened and 9 times out of 10 i dont even know its there! Im just hoping it wont happen again! I just keep trying to think if it was serious it would either be ALOT of blood OR dark blood. xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information