Thread: breathing

Smile breathing

im not anxious or panicky but my sides of my chest like my chest walls feel heavy maybe tight & i feel like i have to keep taking a big breath to help..... i have got a chesty cough still & flem. but it,s very annoying.

Re: breathing

Most people have tight feeling in their chest when they have a bad cough, but I know that if you combine this with anxiety you start questioning whether this is normal for a cough. Anyway if it's not the cough causing it is probably your anxiety, and thinking about it will make it worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Most people have tight feeling in their chest when they have a bad cough, but I know that if you combine this with anxiety you start questioning whether this is normal for a cough. Anyway if it's not the cough causing it is probably your anxiety, and thinking about it will make it worse!!
    very true

I have got the same thing at the moment. I had a tight chest over Christmas and have of course convinced myself I have lung cancer (lord knows why as I don't really have any of the symptoms - I think that nasty advert has something to do with it. Plus I'm 32 and quit smoking 2 years ago) . So the tight chest symptoms have kind of alleviated but now I feel like I'm having to take deep breaths all of the time.

Good old Google suggests that it is a definate anxiety issue. I am really annoyed as been off Citalopram for a year now and thought I was doing really well (

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Speed View Post
    I have got the same thing at the moment. I had a tight chest over Christmas and have of course convinced myself I have lung cancer (lord knows why as I don't really have any of the symptoms - I think that nasty advert has something to do with it. Plus I'm 32 and quit smoking 2 years ago) . So the tight chest symptoms have kind of alleviated but now I feel like I'm having to take deep breaths all of the time.

Good old Google suggests that it is a definate anxiety issue. I am really annoyed as been off Citalopram for a year now and thought I was doing really well (
    not very nice is it. well im 28 & had anxiety for 5yrs but just can,t seem to get any better. i mean i have good days but they are short lived. i was on citalapram at first with another but can,t remember the name & then i went on another also forgot the name & i was weand off them & it was terrible. i thought no way i don,t ever wanna b like this again. lord knows i,ve tried very hard to help myself because realy it,s only u who can do it. but i suppose i,ve faild but im still trying & i will get there soon. as we all will.

Thread Information