Thread: Grinding/Clicking Adams apple

Angry Grinding/Clicking Adams apple

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a grinding sensation or clicking sounds when turning your head or physically moving your Adams apple from side to side.

This is really getting to me, I keep thinking its cartilage rubbing over my windpipe or maybe an unknown cancerous lump growing behind my Adams apple.

It's driving me crazy as I turn my head quite allot during the day and every time without fail I hear *Click* *Clunk*. Sometimes I can push my Adams apple back into place it feels looser on the right hand side which is where these clicks originate from.

Anyone experience this, surely its not normal or is it ?

Thanks,

Bozzi.

Re: Grinding/Clicking Adams apple

I've posted about a clicking noise. I can't look up to down, to the side without my neck sounding like rice crispies

Hi there,
    I just joined the board because I'm a major hypochondriac and I've felt that grinding as well.
    In my case though, it's only if I mess with my Adams Apple and move it from side to side.
    I do not get any clicking while moving my head or jaw, our even swallowing at all. I've noticed this a long time ago(probably 7 our 8 years ago) and it doesn't really bother me but it is very creepy.
    If anyone experienced knows how this phenomenon happens, I'm curious to know.
    It's on my list of things to ask my MD this coming October for my follow up anyway.

Hi Bozzi
    Don't worry, I have actually been to the doctor about this *sigh*, and she felt my throat and around my "adams apple" as I was convinced I had lumps on it and I got that grinding sensation too and she said that everyone was the same and even made me feel her throat haha! But I think my doctors are aware I have health anxiety and in a sense I don't like that as I worry I could "cry wolf" one day and have something to worry about and they won't believe me! So don't worry
    Don't you wish you can just get on with your life without worry!?!?!

Thread Information