Thread: Heavy eyes.

Heavy eyes.

Anybody else look wretched? My eyes feel heavy, tired and big black bags underneath. My partner has just said I look ill and I feel it, which has fuelled my belief i have a brain tumour.My head feels so heavy.

Re: Heavy eyes.

I get heavy tired eyes,
    how are your sinuses? that can cause headaches/heavy eyes/ pressure.

have you been missing sleep or had a cold recently?

I'm just guessing here- after this very cold spell, I think there's been an increase in eye infections ? - I'm still recovering from conjunctivitus that I caught off my 8yr old son, his teacher phoned me to ask about his condition & she also mentioned herself & many other children in his class also were hit by this infection.

Having the central heating on due to the freezing cold weather last week may also have been a contributery factor in some way to your symptons (so you may not have anything as nasty as conjunctivitus), for my family anyway the central heating always seems to warm the air to aggrivate & block our sinus passages (ears, nose, & throat which includes our eyes)
    For us, treatment for our conjunctivitus was/is fairly effective & simple, the worst symtoms improving after 2 days, I predict them to be ok in 4 days with continued treatment of eyedrops & bathing eyes with cooled boiled water & cotton wool.
    Having suspected aspergers , I may sometimes 'appear' to be either abrupt with my posts OR the way I explain things may come across as confusing, so feel free to PM me asking me clarify any of my imput.

Not sure about sinuses but had vertigo and headaches for 2 month and see an ent on Thursday.

In 2003 I used to work in a care home, they had the central heating system on set to 'high' in the colder months, this caused my sinuses to feel blocked due to the 'lower quality' of warm air & lacking of natural fresh air, - I certainly felt the difference away from carehome, as my work rota gave me 4 consequetive days off, the house we lived in at the time did'nt have C.H. radiators , just a gas fire downstairs & a good thick quilt & blanket on our beds.
    Having suspected aspergers , I may sometimes 'appear' to be either abrupt with my posts OR the way I explain things may come across as confusing, so feel free to PM me asking me clarify any of my imput.

I think your boyfriend was a bit tactless telling you that you look ill, because that`s garanteed to send anxiety levels soaring, my mother used to delight in telling me that I looked ill, just to wind me up. Maybe all you need is a good night`s sleep.

I suffer from anxiety and have done for years and it can definitely take it's toll on how you look. My eyes are dark and puffy, I am really pale, eyes look half asleep at times. Anxiety has a lot to answer for!!

Don't convince yoruself u have a brain tumour just because you have heavy eyes! I suffer from anxiety which effects everypart of me especially my eyes, just lately i always looked so tired and my eyes tell it best..
    Its normal so dont worry yourself silly

Thread Information