Thread: Blood Poisoning?

Blood Poisoning?

I have been feeling extremely dizzy/ nauseated for the past 4 days. Feel out of breath. lightheaded. I have a cut on my leg which looks infected and I don't know where it came from/mouse bite?. BP is around 110/80 - 2 days ago. and I had that sudden confusion 4 days ago/loss of emotion, which is slowly waring off.

I know you're all going to say anxiety. But could it be something else?

Help please.

Re: Blood Poisoning?

The symptoms do sound like anxiety but if you think the cut on your leg looks infected I would have it checked as you may need antibiotics.

I just don't know whether this warrants a trip to A and E. I just don't feel right for over a week now. and 4 days ago it finally hit me/ dizziness and so on.

Do you have a red line running up from the cut?

you might be feeling brain fog or even depersonlisation which is all down to high anxiety this feeling is like being attached from yourself confusion numb feeling etc and very common with anxiety

if you had blood pisoning you would be running a sky high temputure throwing up everywhere having fits and alot more

my advice go to your gp and tell him your concerns you might be run down

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Do you have a red line running up from the cut?
    None that I can see.

Might just be a stomach bug/ have some mild flu symptoms and nausea/ find it hard to eat anything. who knows.

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlr108 View Post
    you might be feeling brain fog or even depersonlisation which is all down to high anxiety this feeling is like being attached from yourself confusion numb feeling etc and very common with anxiety

if you had blood pisoning you would be running a sky high temputure throwing up everywhere having fits and alot more

my advice go to your gp and tell him your concerns you might be run down
    It's only the severe dizziness that is messing with my mind. I feel hot and cold at random times.

They do all sound like symptoms of anxiety too :(

anxiety can produce some crazy symptoms and feeling dizzy is a major one i would go to your gp tbo for reasurance hopefully uou will feel more at ease

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    They do all sound like symptoms of anxiety too :(
    :(

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlr108 View Post
    anxiety can produce some crazy symptoms and feeling dizzy is a major one i would go to your gp tbo for reasurance hopefully uou will feel more at ease
    Thanks for replying. Not much i can do anyway. Unless I pass out or something like that/ then it's probably anxiety.

When ever I get worried about infection I remember that if it was dangerous my body temperature would be either very high or very low.

if you had sepsis, blood infection you'd be in the hospital. It's not something that has mild symptoms that come and go.

Yes you had dizziness, but like I said it wouldn't go away.
    You had mild confusion, which can be anxiety or even migraine but if you had sepsis you'd be confused due to actually being ill .
    Having a sick tummy isn't actually a symptom of blood infection : )

your BP is good, if you were septic the bottom number would be lower than 40.

It's some like maybe you have a bit of upset tummy?

being dehydrated can make you dizzy, weak, headaches, moodiness, anxiety,
    Even being slightly dehydrated can cause symptoms, when you pee (except in the morning) your pee should almost be clear, if it's a dark amber you need to drink more water.

Make sure you eat every 3 hours, if you are't eating enough that can pretty much cause all your symptoms too, having a balanced diet and multivitamins help.

If you still feel sick and dizziness after a few days with zero improvement it might be worth going back to your doctor.

Thread Information