Thread: Farewell Citalopram!

Smile Farewell Citalopram!

As of today, I'm on my own! I had my final 2.5mg dose last night. If you've been following my recent threads, you'll be aware that I've been weaning off citalopram for the last 5 weeks.

Sometimes it's hard for me to believe I've come this far. In August last year, when I was at my lowest ebb, I thought I was doomed and that I'd never be able to feel happy or relaxed again! I feel that I've learnt a lot in the last 6 months since I sought help for my anxiety and I'm reasonably confident that I'll be able to cope. I wouldn't say I'm completely cured - everyone gets anxious from time to time even if they've never had a diagnosis. I probably still am more nervous than the average person, but I feel more in control of my thoughts and feelings now.

I am feeling mostly confident for the future, but of course I'd be lying if I didn't admit I feel a teeny little bit nervous that the anxiety might come back again in the future. But at least I know that if it does happen, there is something that can help me.

Coming down from 10mg to 5mg 5 weeks ago was the hardest, and then cutting down from 5 to 2.5 last week wasn't quite so bad (even though I did have a stressful time at work earlier this week, which I mentioned on my previous thread).

So now I'll just have to see how things go. I'm going out ten pin bowling tonight, so at least that will help take my mind off things.

Re: Farewell Citalopram!

Thanks for all the updates Sparkle and congratulations on being chemical-free! As I think I've said in previous posts, you're an inspiration to newbies like me!

Well done and to you!

Well done Sparkle.

Fantastic! I've been about 4 weeks free and just posted the thread "success". The next four weeks will be critical. Push through it. It won't be easy, but nothing worth anything ever is - good luck! We're all rooting for you!! xx

Thanks for all your support. I haven't had a tablet for 3 days now and I'm surprised at how good I'm feeling. In fact I feel better now than when I was still tapering off. It's the weekend so I do usually feel more relaxed now anyway, so the big test will be how I feel during the week when I'm back at work.

Thread Information