Thread: Please help me I'm so scared

Please help me I'm so scared

Hello all I'm Sarah I'm 27 and I'm very worried at the moment as I keep jumping out my sleep I don't know why I do it it's every other night now my chest has started to get tight and my neck feels like I can't breathe I'm so scared to go to sleep at night :( any advice x

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Also I've been getting palpitations at night it feels like I'm not breathing properly and wake myself up no one understands me :(

Re: Please help me I'm so scared

Hi Sarah

I understand you and I think you'll find that lots of other people here do too. This is a classic anxiety symptom and can be very frightening. You don't say if there's anything else going on in your life at the moment that may be causing you to feel this way. Having said that, these things can strike out of the blue with no apparent reason. I was adamant there was nothing in my life which made me feel this way and even now I if I have a bad patch I am always looking for a reason which isn't there. How long have you been feeling like this? Is it just night time?

Please be reassured that this is simply anxiety and you can overcome it. Try to make sure you are relaxed before going to bed. Easier said than done I know. Some of the relaxation CDs are very good. There's also a couple of sleep Apps you can listen to while you drop off.

This does still happen to me sometimes if I am stressed. I find that reading helps or if all else fails get yourself on here. There's always someone around to listen and sympathise.

When you get palpitations try some deep breathing exercises. They can help.

Try not to worry. Maybe you can talk it through with your doctor? It really is quite common. Don't suffer in silence. Look through some of the posts on here for tips on how to cope.

You will be fine. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Keep in touch

Sal x

I have a busy lifestyle I have 3 children 2 with ADHD/autism I'm constantly on edge I'm petrified if its sleep apnea my partner says I snore loudly and this is while in lying on my back I try to sleep on my side my partner says I breathe through my mouth and the jumping out my sleep is getting on
    My nerves because I don't know what it is I've checked
    My blood pressure which is ok I'm having bloods done next week to check my thyroid any advice thanks so much for replying very greatful x Sarah

Awwww Sarah, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I have had this happen to me before. It does startle you when it happens, I know this is hard to believe but it really is a classic symptom of anxiety. You have your hands full with the children, I'm a teacher, and we have 1 special need child in my class, and it is very challenging. You have 2!!! Your nerves are shot. Bless you. You probably snore because you are exhausted, and when you finally do get sleep, you are sleeping well. Have you been to your Doctor just to tell him how you are feeling, sometimes just a good checkup can make you feel so much better. Hope you feel better soon.

Aw thanks for that I feel exhausted all the time kids are constantly on the go maybe I just zonk out but my minds still on the go x it means alot for your advice cheers Sarah xxx

Anytime you need a friend, you let me know. I can surely relate to what you are going through. Just know you are not alone.

Thank you same to you too xxx

Thread Information