Thread: Is it really anxiety

Is it really anxiety

Does anyone else feel they are just waiting for their real illness to be revealed and that "anxiety" is like a temporary diagnosis until something dramatic happens.

Please don't get me wrong - I am talking about how it feels and not doubting for a second that anxiety is very very real.

I travelled to Germany from the uk for a four day break yesterday. Although yesterday was fine I have woken up feeling waves of anxiety flooding through me. My head feels foggy, my ears are ringing and my fingers are cold. All the time I am wondering whether all this is really anxiety and not some more serious illness which remains in diagnosed.

It's all I can do to stop myself from phoning the gp advice line included with my health insurance.

I did actually have some blood test results last week which were fine (taken because I have raised blood pressure)

Any thoughts gratefully receivec

Re: Is it really anxiety

I feel this way all the time. Some days are good and some bad. I feel like I am just waiting for the Dr. to tell me that it's something really bad. I take the anti-deps and they help some, but then other symptoms come up and I wonder if it just a matter of time before the symptoms show it's bad. I went for a physical about a month ago and was hoping something would show up and I could just have diagnosis other than my perceived anxiety. Nothing was wrong with that bloodwork.

Hi RND
    I feel the same way, as if I am just waiting for something to happen and my "real" illness will be revealed. I am getting better though, I keep telling myself that if something was really wrong it would of been found by now
    I hope you feel better soon and manage to enjoy your break!
    Try and forget about how you are feeling and go enjoy some German culture

Hi there, hope your day is getting better. Is your BP high enough to warrant treatment? All your symptoms could be coming from it being raised.

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I am having a bad evening. I began to feel a bit odd at the end of the afternoon and now feel a bit out of it, fingers feel cold, nauseous and ears ringing a bit. Maybe I've eaten too much sugar, maybe I'm nervous about feeling ill abroad. But a large part of me thinks I'm going to have a seizure or stroke and end up in a berlin hospital while my family look on horrified. It's hard to see how something this intense can "just" be anxiety.

There is your answer..........anxiety is intense
    I totally relate to how you are feeling, as I go through waves of being like this, at th moment I'm going through a bad one, I almost got my husband to phone an ambulance a couple of nights ago as I'd convinced myslf I was having a heart attack...felt pretty stupid the next morn when I was totally fine.
    Anxiety takes full control if you let it, you have to have constant battles with yourself to get thro it....I speak from experience
    I'm sure your present spell of feeling like this is the anxiety of being ill away from home, try and relax and enjoy your time. Keep busy to keep your mind from focusing on your body!

Thread Information