Thread: Brain tumor or anxiety....please respond!

Brain tumor or anxiety....please respond!

Hi !
    I am 15 and i am experiencing the following symptom:
    When i look at small patterins or red plaids or anything with stripes, my vision will shimmer and vibrate, like a heat wave coming off. It happens 24/7
    It is happening since January. I am anxious and experience these symptoms(ALL VISIUAL):
    Shimmering and vibrating as no. 1
    Halos, Glare and Starbursts as no. 2
    Flashing lights as no.3
    Floaters as no. 4

My mom had a succesfuly treated brain tumor(she had TOTALLY DIFFERENT symptoms and no visual) I AM AFRAID I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR,
    although i dont have any symptoms of brain tumors listed on the net(tough)

I HAVE SEEN AROUND 20 people on the net with the same symptoms and most of them have: STRESS/ANXIETY, OCULAR MIGRAINES, VISUAL SNOW AND
    IDIOPATHIC...........

Can someone calm me down please

P.S. My mothers brain tumor is not of a genetic kind. And it occured after i was born.

P.S. I HAVE BEEN TO AN OPTOMETRIST WHO CHECKED MY RETINA AND ALL WAS OK....I HAVE BEEN TO AN OPHTALMOLOGIST 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SYMPTOMS OCCURED

Re: Brain tumor or anxiety....please respond!

Hi there, I responded to your other post; I promise you that all these symptoms can be caused by anxiety. I know this from personal experience. If your anxiety is making you feel scared and uncomfortable then you need to seek help for it, alongside any further health investigations that you have. I have had anxiety about my health for most of my adult life and I think the sooner you can get good treatment for it, the better it will be for you in the future. You've probably come to this site because you ate suffering from anxiety. Even if there was something really wrong ( which the chances are there isn't) then getting your anxiety under control is still going to help you x

Hi, i think its highly unlikely that you have a brain tumour, like you say you aren't displaying any of the symptoms and the kind that your mum had is not genetic. Its most likely anxiety but make an appointment with the doctor/optician to reassure yourself. Maybe you have a sensitivity to light?

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Eliot

I have already been to an Optometrist and Ophtalmologist
    and no one has found anything wrong....

I asked my GP and told me that it is related to stress/anxiety

I'm sure he is right, there are many small muscles in the eyes that can be affected by stress and anxiety. In my battle with anxiety over the years, I have found many things helpful, including anti depressant, CBT, acupuncture, herbal medicine and hypnotherapy. I wish you all the best in getting the help and support you need.

Cattia !
    Have you experienced the shimmering

Thread Information