Thread: A New Me......

A New Me......

Hi, just thought I would introduce myself. I am 37 years old and have suffered panic attacks over the last ten years. As I have yet to see any mental health practioner through the national health system in the uk, i have no idea why. I have been recently prescribed lustral or setraline for depression and oxazepan for the attacks. The oxazepan does work but I have developed a reliance upon them for when I go outside my front door....
    Anyway, after the worst two years of my life things are finally coming back together and I finally feel that life may be worth living - if I can only get some courage and get out there!
    Any support or advice I can give and receive would be more than appreciated.

Hi J-Mo

And a BIG warm welcome to you !

Its lovely to hear things are finaly coming back togeather for you. I used to take Oxazepan also, like you say though you can develop a reliance on them. i was on them for 2 years, but managed to cut them down till eventually i stopped taking them, they did give me that boost though to get out of the house after 2 years of been house bound.

Im sure you will find lots of good advice here

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Many thanks for that Andrea, you can get very housebound and I feel that all my friends have got fed up of me now. I'm not the type of person that involves themselves with on-line forums as I've always felt that they are too impersonal but somehow this all feels right. Here's to many more conversations and hopefully some great topics!
    Love Julie xx

Hi j-mo,you will make great friends here and get some helpfull advice.Iv suffered from the same for over 10 years,Im glad things are coming back together for you.

Ellen XX

Hi J-mo,

A big warm welcome to you. You will be made very welcome here. We are all here for each other so we dont feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi and welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope you get some great support.

Nicola

Thread Information