Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anxiety when left alone/ at home by my self

Re: anxiety when left alone/ at home by my self

I feel exactly the same this morning I got up feeling quite ok. But within an hour it started, I was feeling strange that unreal feeling. Then im sure I made myself worse because my partner was at work. I had thoughts going through my head like if im really ill he wont be able to get to me in time and im going to be found dead. After a hour it passed and I managed to get myself to the supermarket where I rushed round so I could get back home. Just lately I wonder if this will ever go away.

I always get this too. Me and my partner have moved back in with my mum because my anxiety has got so bad that I panic when home alone.
    We have a lot of animals and I always think that something bad will happen when no one is around and I wont know what to do.
    Happens if my brother leaves his kids here too, I hate being left alone with them incase of injuries so I always avoid it x

Have you been sent for CBT.

Hi guys,
    So it looks like you all suffer from the same problem. I used to have this problem too, I think everyone goes through it at first.. Anyway, personally, I feel that the best thing you can do is to be active. Don't just sit in a corner, do something! If it makes you feel safer, be active beside a door or a phone. I would make sure to get comfortable.
    Hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by healthanxietygirl View Post
    Hi guys

i suffer from anxiety and health anxiety alot
    and i have realised it as soon as my family or my partner leaves me and im left alone for instance my partner and mother leaving to go to work and im still at home = panic time.

constantly worrying about what could happen, what if a illness took place, and things like that...?

does anyone else worry about this?

but then as soon as i have company i feel at ease again :(
    Try to communicate more people.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clairejayne View Post
    I feel exactly the same this morning I got up feeling quite ok. But within an hour it started, I was feeling strange that unreal feeling. Then im sure I made myself worse because my partner was at work. I had thoughts going through my head like if im really ill he wont be able to get to me in time and im going to be found dead. After a hour it passed and I managed to get myself to the supermarket where I rushed round so I could get back home. Just lately I wonder if this will ever go away.
    Why don't you try to busy with communicate with others. Its good that you are posting here & share with other people. Although I don't know much about you but through your writing, It seem to me that it will work. If nothing works than try to look other side of the world, other people, culture. Be social, feel better and get relief. Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information