Thread: Constant Hunger Pangs

Constant Hunger Pangs

Anxiety give anyone else constant hunger pangs? It has been going on a week, doesn't matter how much I eat, or don't eat. I feel hungry all the time from the anxiety kicking up my acid production.

The irritating part, is that in 23 years of off and on anxiety, and I have never had IBS, well not this bad anyway. My stomach just will not settle down.

Been on Prilosec (a brand of Omeprazol) 3 days and it does not seem to be helping, though they say it can take upto 4 days to take effect,

Anyone else?

Re: Constant Hunger Pangs

Hiya I get this I have indegestion quite a lot and my doc said its an indegestion thing x

I have had a lot of this recently, especially at night, but during the day also. I am on omeprazol too. I find relaxation techniques help.

OMG yes!!

Hunger pangs are probably one of my main stomach problems, besides wind :-(

I just eat through it unfortunately. Have never found anything to help but that. I do find I can tell if it is real hunger or acid/wind by drinking some water. If it is real hunger then the water makes it better, if not, it doesn't!

I take 40mg Omeprazole and have for four years. It helps a lot but I still get the symptoms. I do find taking a wind settler (gas-X) helps.

It's always worse with anxiety and excitement. Since I was a kid I used to get these hunger pangs before I went on holiday or before Christmas when I was really excited so I think it is all related

Jen x

This has really been acting up for me this past week or so. I feel hungry all the time. I wake up in the night with hunger pangs and can't go back to sleep until I eat a little something. I have some omeprazole from last year when my stomach was causing a lot of pain. Should I try that again?

Thread Information