Thread: Anxiety feels like a living hell!

Anxiety feels like a living hell!

I don`t know about you but many times i wish i could be that person i see who is so easy going, i`m sure they too have worries but deal with them. Do other people feel like me i seen to analyse every pain weird sensation ache etc and turn them into something else, do they come because i`m anxious? not sure because i don`t feel anxious and then i get a pain i focus on it and this makes me anxious, just feel as if will never be free of these fears.
    Do people take medication and does it help for anxiety as i`m not depressed i know feeling like this can get me down but i hide it very well i`m always smiley at work must be a great actress, would love to hear your thoughts, take care

Re: Anxiety feels like a living hell!

Medication can help a lot! I'm still trying to find an SSRI that I can handle but right now I take Ativan (lorazepam) and it really takes the edge off my anxiety. You don't really need to take ativan or zanax long term though and SSRIs are a better for that. If you haven't seen a doctor for your health anxiety I suggest you do, there are many options that can help you feel better! My mother suffered from severe HA for over a year, she was even hospitalized when she couldn't stop obsessing about breast cancer. After therapy and good meds she is mostly normal now, she worries about stuff sometimes but no where near the way she used to. She has really helped me a lot since my HA got bad two months ago.

I could of wrote your post miss worry. I analyse everything, seriously everything! I started panicking about a new bubble bath I had incase it gave me a allergic reaction. .I take photos of my lips after I eat to see if my lips have swollen so I can ring 999 incase I was having an allergic reaction. Convinced I have meningitis at the min as i have a stiff neck and sharpe head pains. Its a barrell of laughs isnt it.:(

Missworry, You are not alone. I too focus on a pain and think the worst. I worry about nearly everything, not just about myself but family too.

In of the process of CBT. I got it years ago and was referred back again.

Also on diazepam and ativan, but only to be taken when panic attacks and anxiety are very bad.

Many thanks for your replies, having a really rubbish time at the moment, feel dizzy, have pain behind my left breast think its indigestion but me being me it can`t be that simple and working myself to a frenzy that i have a blood clot, why oh why do i have to be like this, feeling very fed up at moment x

Thread Information