Thread: Hand feels weak, so ankles and legs. Limbs just all feel weird :(

Hand feels weak, so ankles and legs. Limbs just all feel weird :(

For most part of the day today my hands have felt weak but they aren't actually weak. I'm kind of feeling off balanced but thankfully I haven't fallen over, my limbs just feel weird. It's really worrying me as I have brain tumour anxiety ;( any advice or thoughts?

Re: Hand feels weak, so ankles and legs. Limbs just all feel weird :(

There are a lot of things that could cause this, from anxiety to fatigue, to trapped nerves, to muscle injury. A brain tumour is a less likely cause, but if you are worried, book an eye exam.

I actually have an eye exam July 27th. And of course I'm absolutely terrified. Although the last eye exam I had was around 3 years ago, and I still had almost the same symptoms that I do now.

I just need to ask you, for reassurance, you really don't think it's a brain tumour? I'm so scared :( like I can't lie on my sides because I get head pains, can't look down or up for a long time for the same reasons. I'm so scared :(

The people I know of that had brain tumors had blackouts, seizures was in so much pain because of the head pressure they was on the floor holding there heads!.. the symptoms you have doesn't sound like a brain tumor also if you've had all these symptoms for 3 years the pain would of got a lot worse if it was!.. anxiety causes a lot of the pain you describe. Once you get over your brain tumor fear your find your pains may go. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    I actually have an eye exam July 27th. And of course I'm absolutely terrified. Although the last eye exam I had was around 3 years ago, and I still had almost the same symptoms that I do now.

I just need to ask you, for reassurance, you really don't think it's a brain tumour? I'm so scared :( like I can't lie on my sides because I get head pains, can't look down or up for a long time for the same reasons. I'm so scared :(
    I really do think it's unlikely. Rather than sensations, neurological effects of brain tumours would cause definite signs. For example instead of feelin weak, there would actually be weakness present.

Quote Originally Posted by chandy1109 View Post
    The people I know of that had brain tumors had blackouts, seizures was in so much pain because of the head pressure they was on the floor holding there heads!.. the symptoms you have doesn't sound like a brain tumor also if you've had all these symptoms for 3 years the pain would of got a lot worse if it was!.. anxiety causes a lot of the pain you describe. Once you get over your brain tumor fear your find your pains may go. Good luck
    Thanks so much for responding I've actually had my head pains and clicking when I swallow symptoms for over 10 years. Head pains started to worsen when I lie down about 4 years ago. And now since may, I'm unable to lie down because of head pressure :( but the pressure goes away right when I sit back up.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joelhall View Post
    I really do think it's unlikely. Rather than sensations, neurological effects of brain tumours would cause definite signs. For example instead of feelin weak, there would actually be weakness present.
    You're right, and I keep trying to tell myself that but of course that's so hard to do :(

I also have these symptoms do you get any twitching and cramping?

Thread Information