Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chest pain due to poor posture and muscle tension?

chest pain due to poor posture and muscle tension?

i read a post on here about someone who had a similar issue and they saw a doctor and was prescribed pain relief for the issue just wondered if anyone else has done this? i am thinking it may be worth a try just looking for other opinions

Re: chest pain due to poor posture and muscle tension?

Done what? Poor posture and slumped shoulders can cause a lot of pain.

been prescribed pain relief for chest pain with any success.

Depends what's causes the chest pain as to whether it will work. Hyperventilating can cause chest pain so just concentrating on slower breathing takes that away without the need of pills. Muscle tension can cause pains so taking a few moments rest or having a lay down will make them go too. If you're worried about the chest pains and aren't sure why you're getting them then I highly recommend seeing a GP.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

I have poor posture. I am trying to sit upright and to walk with a straight back.
    This does not give me chest pain. I think you ought to see your GP

With my chest pain, I've found nexium or other proton-pump inhibitors help when it's gastro-related, but haven't been able to find any real relief for the (hopefully) musculoskeletal and neuralgia pain. Was prescribed a strong paracetamol and codeine painkiller but did no good. Valium doesn't help much with them either; I think what I probably need is an anit-inflammatory, but I'm wary of taking them atm for probably silly reasons. Mind you, one day my whole neck and spine was stiff and killing me for no particular reason (was so awful I was scared it was meningitis) and I got an anti-inflammatory injection which seemed to not do much. I saw CharlieM say that amitriptyline worked well for his chest pain which sounded very similar to mine, so that might be worth a try.

I have chest pain from poor posture, it is entirely possible. But best to rule out any other causes as the others have said. I don't take medication though, I have been to a chiropractor and my pain has been greatly improved.

Sorry, I misread your post - thought you had seen a doctor. Always start with the doctor, we aren't medics. There are loads of innocent causes but get checked out.

ive seen the doc to rule out heart issues ive had 3 ecgs and blood work all normal but i still worry

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

yh i saw charliems post thats what got me thinking i see a massage therapist and he said there is muscle tension in my upper back which could be contributing to the chest aches and pains

Eddy does your chest hurt when you put pressure on it? If so costochondritis could be a possibility although heard its worse pain when you lay down. Stress and poor posture are a painful combination, I know cos I'm left with pain like freaked, musle tension and neuralgic pain. I'm on amitriptyline but only on 30 mg but upping my dose very soon to 50mg or 75mg as advised by neurologist as he said you need at least 60mg to get rid of burning/stinging nerve pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information