Thread: Need help to stop worrying about lymph nodes please!

Need help to stop worrying about lymph nodes please!

Hi all

I desperately need help dealing with anxiety over lymph nodes
    for months now I've been worried about the nodes i can feel in both groins after 3 scans and 6 private doctors and a haematologist telling me they seem normal and nothing sinister is calling out to them ALL I 'am now getting over that, and need to live with them

However since july i can feel a very small node on the side of my neck half way down on the left side it could had been there for ages I don;t know as it is not very noticeable its now november and it feels and looks the same size however it is small but feels as if it don't move that much as it sits behind a long vein.

How can I stop myself worrying over this the Haematologist said its small can't do to much about it and said that she has one like that from back in her med school days
    I just want some peace of mind and start to feel happy again, I need to know from people with this problem how they deal with it

Re: Need help to stop worrying about lymph nodes please!

Hi Kim, have you gotten any help with the anxiety end of things? Like trying CBT to help you stop the pattern of worry?

I've been the doctors twice about this for help! and she sent a referal off but been waiting over a month for the paper work, it is really hard as i'm pregnant and dont want to stress to much

Well, relaxation is one of the keys to recovery from anxiety and it'll help you reduce stress in all areas of your life. A daily relaxation practice, like mediation, would really benefit you.

Could you talk to the GP about the paperwork taking so long? Or could you arrange CBT sessions yourself?

I used to worry terribly about raised glands. I used to drive myself crazy with the anxiety.

I haven't worried in years now, I am so laid back about my health, and I had health anxiety for years. CBT helped me alot, have you asked your GP about it?

If the doctors and tests have proved there is nothing wrong you must believe them. Put it to the back of your mind and occupy your time with better things, things you enjoy. Seek the help, get some CBT, it will help you get over this worry. Honestly though, don't worry about the glands at all, I have raised glands often, in my neck, jaw, under my arms... they come and go. Mine even raise if I have a spot. They are just doing their job. If your bloods and tests are fine then relax and feel relieved all is well. xx

Quote Originally Posted by kimballs View Post
    Hi all

I desperately need help dealing with anxiety over lymph nodes
    for months now I've been worried about the nodes i can feel in both groins after 3 scans and 6 private doctors and a haematologist telling me they seem normal and nothing sinister is calling out to them ALL I 'am now getting over that, and need to live with them

However since july i can feel a very small node on the side of my neck half way down on the left side it could had been there for ages I don;t know as it is not very noticeable its now november and it feels and looks the same size however it is small but feels as if it don't move that much as it sits behind a long vein.

How can I stop myself worrying over this the Haematologist said its small can't do to much about it and said that she has one like that from back in her med school days
    I just want some peace of mind and start to feel happy again, I need to know from people with this problem how they deal with it
    Hi Kimballs,

This gland thing really is a niggle in your side I'm afraid. As others have suggested, you need to start working on the root of the issue which is your HA as the medical professionals have declared you physically fine. If you want peace of mind, that's where it has to start. Based on how long this has been bothering you, I don't know of any other way to reassure you.

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you all I just don't like the fact I've been able to feel this one small gland for 4 months now. I don't think it will ever go away but praying it won't get any bigger. for all I know it could have been there for much longer. as for CBT if I don't here anything by the end of this week I shall act on it myself

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I've just got off the phone to Anxiety uk and made my first appointment I'll have to pay as it is not through the N.H.S but I can;t wait for my GP it has been over a month and still waiting thank you to you all

That's great Kim! Good work

It's worth the price, believe me x

Thread Information