Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
General Anxiety Please post any messages here about General Anxiety

Old 11-11-06, 01:30

Clouded thinking/ Impaired Judgement

I have a constant fear of something going wrong with my brain, and I always think there actually is something wrong with my brain. I have had a major mental block recently, and I seem like I literally don't care about anything. This is my worst nightmare coming true because I am trying to write some music but I can't get any emotion to come out. Is this a common problem with anybody who suffers from anxiety or depression? Thanks for taking your time to read this.
Old 11-11-06, 01:59

Hi cfury i thought the same as you and thought i had a tumour, as i was unable to think straight and not taking things in like when i was having a conversation at the end i had no idea what had been said.I find that if i dont concentrate on the feeling it does go but it does come back as soon as i stress.Hope this is of some help...Debra
Old 11-11-06, 02:09

Thanks, you did help. It's just a constant fear of mine that I've had for the past 3 years. It seems like I don't fully understand anything unless I dwell on it for minutes at a time. It got worse on the last day of school for me last year when one of my friends said "You don't think dark enough to be a rockstar", so I started focusing on my emotions. Since then I think I literally drove myself crazy trying to vent my anger through my guitar.
Old 11-11-06, 02:38

cfury, i really do fully understand that. might i suggest a different outlet? my music writing has been, well, piss-poor recently, but i've been able to put out some good poetry. maybe you could somehow write about the dead emotions? It's 100% somethinTry writing about your fears. It's definately something i have experienced and it seems the more you think about it, the worse it gets. good luck and keep being creative!!!
Old 11-11-06, 02:44

Yeah, I'm always up for the whole "choke-slamming somebody up against the wall" kind of attitude to use in music. I think the main reason I got into heavy metal is because anger is the only emotion I can feel anymore with this mental block of mine. New line: "This mental block of mine, I'm gonna let it shine" lol.
Old 11-11-06, 02:57

yeah... as you know, i'm more of an emo chick myself, but i get tired of writing about being afraid!

Tags
clouded, impaired, judgement, thinking or