Thread: Sertraline....diarrhoea and muscular tenderness, any tips or experiences?

Sertraline....diarrhoea and muscular tenderness, any tips or experiences?

Hi, I've been on Sertraline for nearly 3 weeks and my stomach feels rough along with constant very loose stools or diarrhoea. This is a big shock to me as I've never had bowel problems before. Does anyone have any tips on how to alleviate this problem?
    Also I seem to have very tender and sore ribs along with sharp 'stitch' like pains in my lower body/ abdomen area. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to have any effect, again any tips and experiences of this?
    I've never had such a bad reaction to medication. Anxiety is also at a record high! Thanks x

Re: Sertraline....diarrhoea and muscular tenderness, any tips or experiences?

Hi I feel the same nice to speak x

Hi Clare, the side effects are rubbish aren't they? Physically I feel a mess but last 2 days I've felt better mentally. Not as severe anxiety, it's been 3 weeks so seems like they're taking an effect x

They are horrible I feel awful loosing weight xx

I`ve been on sertraline now for 3 weeks and these tablets have upset my stomach so much (50mg) i`m just wondering wether to go back and see the doc.still got the anxiety it doesnt seem to have calmed down much.

I had this when I started citalopram (another SSRI) before I moved onto sertraline. My guts have never been that great in the first place (IBS), but now I am 3 months into taking an SSRI I have no problems - in fact if anything I'm better than when I started. No more IBS!

But yeah - SSRI start up symptoms are grim in the most but the worst should pass within the first month.

Taking this medication also gives me IBS symptoms, which doctor said I could take imodium to help.

Thread Information