Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prozac and Trouble Sleeping

Re: Prozac and Trouble Sleeping

Hi again. Everybody is different as to what works. I tried a couple of the newer drugs, cymbalta was one, and couldn't tolerate the side effects, mostly sleepiness. You can try to get something for the sleep or even the anxiety (Zanax works wonders for me almost instantly), but I also know they hesitate with many drugs because they react with prozac.
    I did have the sleeplessness and mornings were horrible. Started really getting better around week 6, I think.
    Yea, really tough to work. I sometimes wondered if it was possible to get ready and go, but somehow made it. So much better now!

Hi,b0yer,

I just wanna say I'm in the same boat as you right now. Actually my sleep was OK until yesterday. Normally I could fall asleep easily but had difficulties staying asleep. I would wake up at 4am but with 5hpurs sleep it's still OK for me. But I didn't fall asleep until 4am this morning. I didn't even know why because I was doing the same routine. I went to pick up my meds yesterday and asked the pharmacist abput the staying asleep issue. She told me I could call my Dr. and maybe he or she could proscribe something to help with the kick in. I did phone my Dr. and he proscribed me Klonopin 0.25mg to take at night and 0.25mg as needed during the day. I was hesitating whether I should take this but I will take it tonight due to last night's issue. I am having really high anxieties now and my thoughts are racing. Hopefully Klonopin can give me a good night sleep. I will keep yoi posted. Feel free to contact me if yoi wanna talk. I know it's hard and I am gping through the same thing. We will get better!

Quote Originally Posted by betterdays View Post
    Hi again. Everybody is different as to what works. I tried a couple of the newer drugs, cymbalta was one, and couldn't tolerate the side effects, mostly sleepiness. You can try to get something for the sleep or even the anxiety (Zanax works wonders for me almost instantly), but I also know they hesitate with many drugs because they react with prozac.
    I did have the sleeplessness and mornings were horrible. Started really getting better around week 6, I think.
    Yea, really tough to work. I sometimes wondered if it was possible to get ready and go, but somehow made it. So much better now!
    I think I may have to stop these meds. I obviously won't and will wait to speak with my doctor, but my mindset is a lot darker. I don't know if its the combination of not sleeping or the meds. But I cannot sleep and am having violent and dark visions. I phoned my psychologist and he says it is OCD and that I am in no way suicidal, but the thoughts are really scary and dark.

I don't want to be down all the time. I want to be happy like I was just a month or two ago. I have been thinking of maybe coming off. Did your experience get better? Again I am on week 4 and close to week 5.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveEeyore View Post
    Hi,b0yer,

I just wanna say I'm in the same boat as you right now. Actually my sleep was OK until yesterday. Normally I could fall asleep easily but had difficulties staying asleep. I would wake up at 4am but with 5hpurs sleep it's still OK for me. But I didn't fall asleep until 4am this morning. I didn't even know why because I was doing the same routine. I went to pick up my meds yesterday and asked the pharmacist abput the staying asleep issue. She told me I could call my Dr. and maybe he or she could proscribe something to help with the kick in. I did phone my Dr. and he proscribed me Klonopin 0.25mg to take at night and 0.25mg as needed during the day. I was hesitating whether I should take this but I will take it tonight due to last night's issue. I am having really high anxieties now and my thoughts are racing. Hopefully Klonopin can give me a good night sleep. I will keep yoi posted. Feel free to contact me if yoi wanna talk. I know it's hard and I am gping through the same thing. We will get better!
    Good luck sleeping tonight. My doctor is on vacation until Tues. I will talk to her about the sleeping and restlessness issues. Maybe they can get me something for sleeping. The dark thoughts are the ones that really freak me out.

I have lorazapam, but only 4 left and I had to take two last night from my anxiety attack. I also take melatonin each night to help sleep. I think I may come off the meds, but know I can't stop cold turkey. My thoughts have been really dark and I have had some violent/suicidal visions. I phoned my therapist last night and he says that I am in no way suicidal and this is my OCD attacking me in the form of Harm OCD. My mindset is a lot darker this week and I don't know if I can handle it. Will this change?

Well, my experience did get better in the week 4-6 time frame. There were always a few days where it seemed worse, but they passed.
    The point is, yes, you will get better. I know that's hard to believe, but it's the associated pessimism that makes you believe that.
    Many here, me included have gone through this, and it is terrible, awful. But it does get better. I'm at 12 weeks and spent the weekend outside working on my house, and enjoying it. I couldn't even imagine that 4 weeks ago.

Well, my experience did get better in the week 4-6 time frame. There were always a few days where it seemed worse, but they passed.
    The point is, yes, you will get better. I know that's hard to believe, but it's the associated pessimism that makes you believe that.
    Many here, me included have gone through this, and it is terrible, awful. But it does get better. I'm at 12 weeks and spent the weekend outside working on my house, and enjoying it. I couldn't even imagine that 4 weeks ago.
    I really hope that I will be like that too. My thoughts and intrusive thoughts are extremely dark and it scares me. I can't sleep and my face is tingly, along with my arms and legs. Did your sleep pattern return to normal? I used to sleep like a rock but can't these days. I usually lift weights but due to an injury I cannot at the moment. Can't even run either.

I do have therapy tonight for my OCD and figuring out my anxiety and then a date with my gf. I am having a hard time looking forward to things and really just want to be alone.

In bed at 1030 and awake by midnight. Taken Advil pm and melatonin. May try a lorazepam too

Not even an hour of sleep. I'm going to have to try new meds

bOyer,
    So sorry you are having so much difficulty. Yes, for the most part my sleep returned. I still wake a couple of times a night, but fall back to sleep withing the hour. The biggest difference is, with me I felt good when going to bed, but the anxiety would start around midnight. Over time, the anxiety didn't show up until later and later, so when I did wake up in the middle of the night, I really didn't mind, I felt good.
    Even now, at 12+ weeks, mornings are a little down for me, but just a little and it passes quickly.
    Meds made me sluggish in the morning. I had the best luck taking a benedril around 8:00 pm.

I am going to the doctor at 10:15 today to talk to him. I told them about my dark thoughts and my sleeping issues and they said to go to the ER, but since my therapist says I am not suicidal and this is OCD they are going to see me.

Honestly I am scared. I don't want to feel like this forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information