Thread: Higher than normal lymphocyte count... Is it leukemia?

Higher than normal lymphocyte count... Is it leukemia?

Hello.
    I've been panicking over this since I got my blood tests results this morning. It seems that the more I worry the more I get odd results. So, among other things, my lymphocyte count is a bit higher than normal. It says that I have 3360 lymphocytes per microliter of blood, that accounts for 43.3% of the total leucogram (reference values for lymphocytes only: 20.00%-40.00%). The other white blood cells are within their reference values. Is this enough to suspect of leukemia? I've had a severe lower back pain two to three weeks ago due to exercise - it still hurts a bit - so I believe that the area is still inflamed (I took a NSAID painkiller during the first four days every 12 hours). Could that back pain justify this rise in the lymphocyte count? I'm seeing the doctor over the next weeks (it seems like waiting for ages to me though) but I would like to hear some opinions of people who have experienced the same or have some in-depth knowledge on this matter.
    Thank you.

Re: Higher than normal lymphocyte count... Is it leukemia?

No... As one who had blood work that put me on the way to my death bed, a slight deviation from the norm is of no concern. Averages are just that. If there were signs of red flags in any of your test results, you would be put on the fast track to go over them. Obviously, it's of no concern to your doctor so....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for your input.

I don't think that's enough to warrant suspicion of leukemia. That's barely outside the normal range. Your doctor will tell you if they think it is anything to be concerned about.

I've had this scare before, and trust me you would be on your way to further testing if that was a concern.

Thread Information