Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared parkinson's please help

scared parkinson's please help

I really need help j am so scared, starting in july i have had internal vibration and shaking and tremor in my left hand i feel it in my entire hand but it's most noticable in my index and thumb. I also have twitching throbbing everywhere, I went to a neuro in july and he said it was prob not als or parkinson's he didn't think it was ms either but he sent me for a mri anyway, the mri was clear i went back to neuro is august and still had the tremor he said it's not ms or als and i asked him about parkingson's because that's what i fear and he said he doubts it to come back in six months if it don't get better. I have been to my regular dr many times with my hand he is tired of seeing me he said i dont have parkinson's it just anxiety i was given prozac and xanax. I still have the tremor i feel it all the time i'm feeling off balance, i got up from bed the other day almost couldn't stand on my feet head felt weird too. I also get violent jerks in my body when trying to sleep. Yesterday was the scariest symptom i was holding my cell phone while laying down and my hands started shaking really bad i got so scared i took my hand off phone and the other hand that usually doesn't shake had a really bad tremor worst than i ever seen it was from my wrist down but it went away after i stopped using phone. I'm very afraid to use my phone now and i'm scared i have parkinson's the shaking yesterday was so bad and i don't know what to do i also have really bad neck pain which is also a symptom. Please i know this is long i need advice anybody have these symptoms, is this parkinson's why did my other hand tremor so bad out of nowhere aftet holding phone

Re: scared parkinson's please help

You know these are all very common anxiety symptoms, right?

And that Parkinson's aged 28 is about as likely as USA winning the next World Cup. In fact far less so.

Thank you for replying, you really think this is anxiety? i feel the tremors all the time and it's really scary

Yes I do. I've had all of these symptoms, I don't have Parkinson's.

Doesn't it show up on an MRI anyway?

I read it doesn't show up on mri there's no test and neuro also said this

Have you been diagnosed with anxiety?

Hi,
    This is because your nervous system is tired. Your emotions control your nervous system, when you feel strong emotions you put your nervous system under stress.

When yo feel anxious adrenaline is released into your bloddstream and travels to your muscles, this can make them shake. The same way if you were told you won the lottery. You would get so excited that yor legs would shake.

Also when you continuously tense a muscle after time is starts to ache and may tremble. Try tensing your fist for a minute or so and youll see for yourself!

Try to take it easy and stop fighting against yourself so much!

Jon

It is your worry that is causing your shaking. You body is tired.
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

serenity-yes i have and really bad ocd too

jonjones-thank you your reply made me feel better it relaxed me

Well put it this way. You have been diagnosed with something which is known to commonly cause all of the symptoms you describe. Instead you're obsessing over something which -especially at your age - there is close to zero chance you have.

I'm sorry I don't know an awful lot about Parkinson's and I don't intend to go reading about it. However I do know that whilst it can occur at a young age it is very uncommon.

I umderstand your concern i have twitches not tremors and my father died of parkinsons not so long ago i am terrified i had it or have it. But we cant live in fear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information