Thread: Did I wake up feeling tachycardic?

Did I wake up feeling tachycardic?

When I got out of bed and stood up I started experiencing a sense of fullness in my upper stomach, my chest tight and shortness of breath. I went to the bathroom to urinate but my bladder wouldn't let it come out. I tried to have breakfast but my heart seemed like it was racing or beating abnormally and I felt like I was about to vomit each bite of bread so I just had a cup of milk. My body also started trembling and shivering, especially my legs, and it was cold as if I had been in cold water for hours. I called a medical clinic nearby to have an ECG done at home. They arrived promptly. My BP and heart rate were OK and they are going to contact me today as soon as the doctor has seen the ECG. I'm really confused.

Ps - If Fishmanpa reads this, yes I did get rid of my BP monitor. It's in a hidden place.
    Last edited by Junot; 15-10-14 at 11:25.

Re: Did I wake up feeling tachycardic?

It sounds like a night panic attack. I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and go tachy every time I stand up. The only symptoms I ever have of Tachy is light headed and heart pounding. Yours with your other symptoms really sounds like a panic attack. I've had them in my sleep too

Thanks for sharing. It's so scary! I'm even starting to be afraid of falling asleep and getting out of bed (be it in the middle of the night or in the morning) due to this. Unfortunately fear begets fear.

Damn, the ECG will only come back tomorrow. Anyway, is it normal in panic/anxiety to feel this sort of discomfort and mild aching in the left half of the left breast, almost laterally? It's as if something were inside of it causing the muscles to overstretch. I've been like this since I woke up in the morning. I've called the help line and the nurse told me to relax, it's anxiety, but I just can't. My heart beat feels weird. My belly is bloated, I've been running to the toilet with flat stools and feeling nauseated and dizzy. I've never felt like this for so long. Can panic/anxiety symptoms go on for so long???

Quote Originally Posted by Junot View Post
    Ps - If Fishmanpa reads this, yes I did get rid of my BP monitor. It's in a hidden place.
    ~lol~ Hidden is not the trash but kudos for at least putting it away!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

On my way home back from the hospital's ER. Had an ECG done. Doctor said everything's OK and nurse gave me diazepam 10 mg oral solution. Been discharged. Still feeling anxious though. Am I going mad? Looking forward to see the psychiatrist on October 23. Can't bear this anymore.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    ~lol~ Hidden is not the trash but kudos for at least putting it away!

Positive thoughts
    Thanks! ;-)

The result of the ECG I had done at home yesterday morning came back fine today. Sinus rhythm, normal AV conduction, etc. I was feeling an irregular heart beat/palpitations, chest discomfort (pressure and dull ache) when I had both of them done (the one at home and the one at the hospital), so it seems reasonable to think that it was all due to anxiety. It's curious how anxiety can cause symptoms that mimic so closely heart conditions. I'm kind of reassured but I'm going to hand a copy of each to my cardiologist anyhow since it's he who's been following me almost since I've had my first panic attack.

Thread Information