Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling shaky and very nervous

Feeling shaky and very nervous

Hi everyone

I just wrote an extremely long and probably very boring topic on the health anxiety page and thought I'd come over to this as I guess it is just as much a general anxiety as a health one.

Does anyone else suffer the feeling of intense shaking and trembling inside the tummy and going to the arms and legs but nothing visable. I have suffered like this before but seek constant reassurance with every anxious episode as I seem to try and forget all these bloody awful feelings.

I am so desperate for some reassurance my tummy feels like the butterflies have butterflies and I cannot relax and let them go away!

Thanks for reading this

Very common...

Trembling or shaking

What you feel:

Your arms, hands, legs and even your whole body may feel shaky or like they are trembling. Sometimes you feel like you can’t stop yourself from shaking or trembling, and your whole body is vibrating.

What causes this:

This is another very common symptom brought about by high stress biology. Some people say that they have a ‘case of the nerves’ because they are shaking so much. This trembling is a result of an over stimulated nervous system, and is often intensified by a lack of sleep.

Regular deep relaxation, sleep and exercise will help to eliminate this symptom.

As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Yep, I get this too. My hands and legs shake, my stomach starts to churn and I feel ill. I find that this is often accompanied with a dry mouth.

Me too, I can associate with this very much so. I hate the feeling in my stomach, it feels tight like im constantly clenching it, which in turn makes me feel nauseous. I try, when i feel like this to conciously take a deep breath in and on the exhale let go of the tension. after about 3 to 4 times i do actually start relaxing, I may have to repeat it several times but it does help hope this helps hun

Angel xx

Thanks everyone

I know it seems mad that I have to seek the constant reassurance that I am not alone in these awful feelings but I do, I have suffered on and off with anxiety symptoms for many years but still don't know how to take control of them and guess I never will now I just hate how they make me feel so awful and aggitated because I cannot focus on anything else other than all the negatives going on with me, which in turn fuel more symptoms and problems.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply. I have spent the last 18 months visiting this site on and off and find it a real help to have other people to chat to. And I'm sure I'm at the point where I'll be a regular visitor again for a bit while I try to calm myself down.

s

Re: Feeling shaky and very nervous

sharoncjb, I feel you...I was just finishing a term paper for Grad School and all of a sudden began to feel nervous and shaky for no reason. It was not a panic attack, just nervous. Anyway I agree with the sleep theory...I have not slept more than 6 hours per night and it takes its toll. Also, living with panic disorder this is just par for the course. Is that what you have do you think? Lastly, I COMPLETELY understand the need to be reassured constantly, over and over, every time I meet someone who has the same problem. Or I find myself just calling the person I trust the most (she helps me through them) and tell her what I am feeling at any level of panic (0-10; although 0 is rare ). Just feel free to post away...anytime. Sometimes it just helps to write it down. Then to hear you are not "crazy" or "losing it" from someone not in the state of mind somehow makes it all better, too.

Hang in there! We're with you! Funny because my nerves have lessened just having found this site for the first time, signing up, and sending you a thread so thanks!

hey my name is jose im 18 and from georgia. im hoping ya can help me with this problem i have and i think it may be anxiety i dont know. last time at night i got really shaky and like nervous worried and scared but for no reason, there was nothing to be scared or worried about. when i felt shaky i felt like butterflies thru my whole body and just kept shaking. i felt like crying but at the same time i didnt feel like crying. that same night before bed i read this thing on the computer about hydroxycut (diet pills) and it said that a boy died from taking it about a few years ago and people get liver problems bc of it (btw i was taking hydroxycut but not anymore) and after i read it i started getting worried thinking to myself what if i die and stuff and thats when i started getting shaky and nervous and couldnt sleep. i thru the pills away and told myslef ima stick to a normal diet now. idk if thats why i feel like this but like now during the day i feel sad and worried also and at night i dont feel shaky anymore but feel like worried. maybe ya got a solution bc i dont tell any of my friends bc there idk they dont care so im trusting ya because right now i need a friend.

yes I get this it feels like someone started a car engine or something inside me. This is one of my worse symptoms x

Hiya

I always feel incredibly shaky upon waking each morning, my hands visably shake and I have invisible shakes inside, along with a churning/dread feeling in my tumy. Its horrid but does calm down once the proponol kicks in, but if I miss a dose it comes back. My doctor told me its a physical symptom of the anxiety.

well now i dont feel shaky anymore i feel like a stomach pain. i dont wanna eat bc it makes me not hungry but at night i get hungry. today i feel alright like im actually talking and stuff and doing stuff but i can feel the lil thing in my stomach still and it gets me worried and stuff and kinda makes me wanna cry. i dont know if its an axiety feeling in my stomach but i dont think it is i think it just might be something with my stomach. ima go to the doctor in a lil while and im scared what the doctor might say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information