Thread: Terrified or having to take antibiotics

Terrified or having to take antibiotics

Hi, I have HA and a fear to take medication. Even taking ibuprofen is sometimes a challenge... Since this morning, I have a very small amount of blood in my urine, pain when I urinate and a little cramping. I'm so stressed about it I can't sleep. I know I'll have to go to a clinic tomorrow and they'll prescribe some sort of antibiotic and I'm really scared to take it. I know I have no choice though. I feel so stupid for fearing a common thing like this, but I'm going crazy over this... I'm mad at myself and mad at life... The brighter side is that I just realized it's been about two years since I've been to the doctor, which is kind of great since I was a frequent user when I had really bad HA.

Re: Terrified or having to take antibiotics

Hi Annie, could you try the medicine in a liquid suspension vs a pill? Would that help?

Have you got a fever? Your dr might be happy with watching you closely while you try flushing it out with cranberry juice and water.

Don't stress just yet, there might be other options.

Re: Terrified or having to take antibiotics

I think that indeed it could help to take the medicine in a liquid form, thank you for the advice. I have no fever so who knows what the doctor will prescribe, but I'd be really surprised if no antibiotics were involved. I hate being so helpless about simple things like that, it's like I just can't deal with the anxiety even if I know that rationally I have nothing to worry about. I'm certain something bad is going to happen and I can't go on with what I would normally do. I hope this goes away fast, I'm not used to it anymore... Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Thread Information