Thread: Headaches

Headaches

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on these forums, I will introduce myself later on, I'm on my lunch break at the moment!

Around six months ago, dizziness and nausea started out of nowhere. I was never actually sick and it only seemed to be 30-90 minutes a day.

In the last 8-12 weeks I've been having quite a few headaches a week, some minor, some very painful. Has blood tests which all came back clear and an ECG which was normal.

I've since been back to the doctors and was told to keep a headache diary. I'm going back on 7th Feb, however am really starting to worry I have a brain tumour!

The dizziness has generally gone away now but headaches are still present.

Here is a quick diary below: any ideas? Am I worrying over nothing?

18/12/2014 - Head pain on left side of head that suddenly came on and lasted around 30 seconds at 7:45am.

25/12/2014 - Headache towards front of head. Feels like a buildup of pressure. Started around 2:00pm. Around 3:40, headache became severe out of nowhere. Paracetamol and ibuprofen taken at 3:45pm.
    Gone by 4:15pm.

26/12/2024 - headache started all over around 6pm. Tablets taken at 6:15pm. Headache has settled although still here at 10pm.

29/12/2014 - woke with headache around 10am. Mainly towards front of head. Has gotten worse since waking, taken paracetamol and ibuprofen at 1:15pm.

30/12/2014 - headache began around 10:30pm, towards front of head and temples. Tablets taken at 11pm.

01/01/2015 - headache towards front and left side of head. Went to sleep and woke up without headache.

04/01/2015 - pressure towards front and left side of head, wouldn't class as a headache.

09/01/2015 - headache towards front of head. Started around 2pm. Took tablets at 3pm, headache lasted until around 11pm when I went to bed. Woke up in morning with no headache.

12/01/2015 - headache started around 12pm towards front of head, took paracetamol, still had headache until around 5pm.

13/01/2014 - headache began around 1:30pm. Room paracetamol and headache gone by around 2:30pm.

14/01/2015 - headache began around 6pm towards front of head and stayed until going to bed.

Re: Headaches

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I just joined myself. Recently, I was also terrified of brain tumors. I had daily headaches, twitching, neck pain, tingling in face and limbs, and vision changes. I went to both the eye doctor and the er. Eye doctor gave me perfect bill of health after dilating and examining in and behind my eye. The er administered multiple blood tests and a CT scan. All perfect. The er doctor ended prescribing me anxiety medicine and said all of my symptoms came from anxiety and potentially low vitamin count. (I recently had my gallbladder removed after a full abdomen ultrasound. All other organs were A-okay) He said headaches with brain tumors do not come and go and over months become worse and worse combined with multiple other symptoms after they appear. All this to say, I do not believe you have a brain tumor and you are more than likely simply suffering from anxiety as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanymcnulty View Post
    Hi. Welcome to the forum. I just joined myself. Recently, I was also terrified of brain tumors. I had daily headaches, twitching, neck pain, tingling in face and limbs, and vision changes. I went to both the eye doctor and the er. Eye doctor gave me perfect bill of health after dilating and examining in and behind my eye. The er administered multiple blood tests and a CT scan. All perfect. The er doctor ended prescribing me anxiety medicine and said all of my symptoms came from anxiety and potentially low vitamin count. (I recently had my gallbladder removed after a full abdomen ultrasound. All other organs were A-okay) He said headaches with brain tumors do not come and go and over months become worse and worse combined with multiple other symptoms after they appear. All this to say, I do not believe you have a brain tumor and you are more than likely simply suffering from anxiety as I was.
    Thank you for your response. Forgot to mention, I also went to my optician with vision changes and a slight pain one day on one of my eyes (hasn't returned since) and they performed every test they could and told me that everything was completely normal.

Your post is reassuring, thanks again

Opticians/Opthamologists can usually see swelling/shadowing of the optic nerve if there is a swelling or lump in the brain. Because the skull is so rigid, any difference inside the brain usually strains the eye nerves. My guess is you are a-okay. I'm glad my post helps your stress if even a little bit. I know anxiety is an ongoing struggle and we all have our hard days with it!

How old are you? I have bee. Getting more and more headaches since I reached my 20s. Used to get thrm once in a while in my teens but now get them often. Some worse then others. Have you tried daily neck stretches? Could just be tension in your neck and back causing them. Water is also important. With my headaches naproxen sodium works the best. best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by misslove View Post
    How old are you? I have bee. Getting more and more headaches since I reached my 20s. Used to get thrm once in a while in my teens but now get them often. Some worse then others. Have you tried daily neck stretches? Could just be tension in your neck and back causing them. Water is also important. With my headaches naproxen sodium works the best. best wishes!
    Hi, I turn 20 in three days. I haven't tried neck stretches, I'll look into them. Thanks

You'll be okay I wouldn't worry it, it is the worry and stress that is making you feel this way just remember the anxiety isn't harmful. If you had a BT the optometrist would have definitely picked it up no doubts about that especially after 3 tests haha. I had my eyes tested too yesterday as well and all well and good. Eye tests will pick up a variety of neurological conditions as well as high blood pressure and diabetes so rest assured. My aunt sadly passed away due to a BT and she had no symptoms at all apart from a huge seizure, it was the chemo and radiation that caused the most damage so no headaches or sickness symptoms. As you can imagine it is therefore one of my HA fears as well as a brain haemorrhage (which an eye test will also pick up on) due to distortion of the optic disk at the back of your eye due to raised intercranial pressure which is also present because of a BT so really don't worry about it you are fine and healthy just tired exhausted and suffering with anxiety like the rest of us. So all in all relax take a nice bath and watch a movie and you'll be right as rain you are definitely not alone and in the right place as you can see from the symptoms page p.s. I'm aware I'm not a doctor however this guy definitely knows what he's talking about with BT and headaches so I would recommend you give this a watch go on YouTube and type in Dr. Len Cerullo, CINN Medical Director and Neurosurgeon and watch his video of BT symptoms, this should put your ind at rest

Quote Originally Posted by Nathand91 View Post
    You'll be okay I wouldn't worry it, it is the worry and stress that is making you feel this way just remember the anxiety isn't harmful. If you had a BT the optometrist would have definitely picked it up no doubts about that especially after 3 tests haha. I had my eyes tested too yesterday as well and all well and good. Eye tests will pick up a variety of neurological conditions as well as high blood pressure and diabetes so rest assured. My aunt sadly passed away due to a BT and she had no symptoms at all apart from a huge seizure, it was the chemo and radiation that caused the most damage so no headaches or sickness symptoms. As you can imagine it is therefore one of my HA fears as well as a brain haemorrhage (which an eye test will also pick up on) due to distortion of the optic disk at the back of your eye due to raised intercranial pressure which is also present because of a BT so really don't worry about it you are fine and healthy just tired exhausted and suffering with anxiety like the rest of us. So all in all relax take a nice bath and watch a movie and you'll be right as rain you are definitely not alone and in the right place as you can see from the symptoms page p.s. I'm aware I'm not a doctor however this guy definitely knows what he's talking about with BT and headaches so I would recommend you give this a watch go on YouTube and type in Dr. Len Cerullo, CINN Medical Director and Neurosurgeon and watch his video of BT symptoms, this should put your ind at rest
    Thank you very much for the response, I will check him out on YouTube. Much appreciated

Sorry to hear about you aunt by the way, must have been / is very sad.

Thread Information