Thread: Bright red blood on tissue after wiping!

Bright red blood on tissue after wiping!

I've been getting this very very mildly on and off / infrequently for about a year now but yesterday I got the most blood I've ever seen and I am booked for an appointment with the Dr for next week. My diet has been rough the past couple of days (just been eating infrequently and when I did, it was only a couple of slices of white bread toast and then maybe a couple of small chocolate bars!) and I was straining really hard when I was on the toilet before I saw the blood.

Could this be hemorrhoids? :/ Is this a common thing? I've been freaking out about bowel cancer and all sorts.. I'm glad I finally booked an appointment for this. I am hoping so much that it's something common / easily treatable!!
    Early thirties: Skin cancer, cervical cancer (again), inflammatory breast cancer, heart attack fears.
    Still here!

"He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because of his fear" - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne.

Re: Bright red blood on tissue after wiping!

I still have been getting this. I didn't get to see my dr because she was off sick so I have had to rebook just today because she's just got back and I didn't want to see a male dr.
    Early thirties: Skin cancer, cervical cancer (again), inflammatory breast cancer, heart attack fears.
    Still here!

"He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because of his fear" - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne.

it sounds like a fissure or piles, i used to bleed like that and it was a fissure i treated it with anusol works wonders .

Add more fibre to your diet. White bread is unhealthy and hard to digest. Try some wholemeal biscuits, orange juice, bran flakes to help keep everything 'soft' if you know what I mean

I've seen my doctor and she couldn't see or feel anything, so I'm being sent for a sygmoidoscopy. I have agoraphobia and feel fearful of going to hospital even though the procedure only takes a few minutes. I've been bleeding intermittently for about 3 months and had hoped that the problem would clear up on its own, but no such luck. Now I'm scared of what it is!

I was told that if it was bright red it is ok, probably a fisure or hemorroids, but you do really need to change your diet as that will improve things x

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I was told that if it was bright red it was nothing to worry about x

Yeah probably haemorrhoids or a fissure.

See what the doctor says.

I go on a website a lot called Earth Clinic and I managed to heal haemorrhoids with a combination of rutin and black peppercorns (and some vitamin C) - all taken orally.

For fissures, I read on EC that regularly applying olive oil to them can help them to heal.

But hey these are the alternative health approaches - the mainstream ones will be different and may be preferable to you

Thread Information