Thread: Dizziness with shoulder tension

Dizziness with shoulder tension

I should know better because ive had 2 previous episodes of dizziness/lightheads with tension in neck/shoulders (over 15 years).
    I do have a shoulder impingment but I have tension on opposite side upper trapezius muscle and into base of neck.I also have sinus congestion at same time .For some reason they both seem to appear together.
    Has anyone experienced the kind of lightheadedness where you suddenly feel lot of tension base of neck and then its as if the tension radiates to side of head,tightens and makes you feel really whoozy for a few seconds ?
    What I don't understand is that some days I am absolutely fine so it cant be an injury or it would be constant ?

Re: Dizziness with shoulder tension

Neck tenstion causes dizziness /vetigo according to the neurosurgeon I saw for my damaged neck. He said all his neck patients suffer with dizzy trouble and this is due to your neck bones and muscles sending mesages to your inner ear, they are part of your balance mechanism so anything that affects your neck can affect your balance.

Of course lots of other things can cause dizziness/vertigo but such alot of people do not realise that tension in the neck can be the cause and its a nasty circle of worrying about the dizziness causing more tension etc etc.

I have the same exact thing except my tightness and dizziness is almost constant. It comes from my neck and wraps around to my forehead on that side making me feel dizzy. My nostril on that side is also always blocked whenever I get this feeling. I also noticed a blocked feeling in that ear and sometimes it's also itchy. It's driving me crazy my doctor mentioned that my shoulder and neck muscles are very tight I'm almost certain it's muscular but the dizzy feeling is quite scary

Yep I get all your symptoms as well and its all due to my neck damage. I also get sharp nerve pains in my ear or tongue at times and that intense itch in the ear. I had quite a few years of constant unsteady feeling, like walking on very soft ground.

I feel this way at times too, but I never attributed the cause of my lightheaded feeling to tension in my neck and upper back. My upper back and neck are constantly tense... my chest is tight too when I'm anxious or upset.

Thanks for replies... I also get that feel in left side of nose ( same side as shoulder neck tension), as if sinus is blocked and then that pressure type, tight feel side or top of head which sets of the dizzy feel..

Thread Information