Thread: Please help me.

Exclamation Please help me.

I only seem to post here when I am a wreck and I am so sorry for that. I will try and change that when I can think straight.

Someone please help me though. Reassure me. Anything. My mother went away on a cruise for two weeks. She left yesterday. I fell apart the moment she went out the door. I can't stop feeling panicky. It comes and goes but generally I am very anxious and panicky. I can't get out of bed for long at all and I am struggling to eat. I was sick this morning and I am so scared, I keep crying. I can't stay like this for two weeks, I just can't. I know the doctor can't do anything to help. He just recommends therapy which I have tried, but that won't help me currently anyway due to waiting lists.

Someone please tell me it will be okay. I won't stop breathing and I can't be sick constantly. I won't die from malnutrition and time doesn't go backwards.

I can't cope like this. I am such a mess. I keep trying to be mindful of myself and surroundings and distract myself but I struggle to concentrate. I also have a phobia of being sick which makes me anxious when I feel the wave of nausea. I want this to end. I want my mum back. She is my 'safe' person. I don't know why I'm in such a mess.

Re: Please help me.

You just said it 'she is my safe person' and then 'I don't know why I am in such a mess'.
    I had a time when I was young and my mother who was also my "safe person" went of to India for 3 weeks, weeeell I thought I was goung to die (obviously I didn't, here I am 20 years later).
    Anyway, it is all in our thoughts. I have had to work a lot on not needing "safe people".
    I would recommend that you now go on Youtube and watch "claire weekes interviews", she is pure knowledge. And I would recommend to read her books, they helped me so much.
    Don't be afraid, you can cope just fine without your Mum, we all can! Xxx

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Just thought, it took me about 10 years to forgive her for going to India and leaving me "in that state", even though she probably wasn't even aware poor woman lol

You poor thing. That sounds like it was awful for you. My mum wants to go off for a month next year but I'm trying not to even think about that right now. I am worried about not eating and being sick. And going insane.

Oh you poor thing. :( I can understand why you're in such a mess! You've been thrown in the deep end trying to cope with your anxiety and panic on your own. I can't make the feelings go away, but I can promise you that you are going to be okay. You won't stop breathing, you won't die from malnutrition, you won't be sick constantly. Just remember the first couple of days will be the worst, but you are already through the first day. Try to eat little bites of plain food like toast or crackers and drink little bits of juice or squash.

Hi Psychedelic Brie, I hope you're feeling a little better. I get this way too. Gee sometimes I get this way and need everyone I love around, even my pets..It can get really hard to have them all. You will be ok and you will make it. I go all manic and keep my mind busy and even though I still think about them it helps to keep busy. Are you alone? Can a friend or family member keep you company? Maybe someone can stay with you until your mum comes back.
    Sending hugs to you..

Thread Information