Thread: So frustrated

So frustrated

I know I have posted here quite a bit recently but I am having an off day today.

I was doing so well for maybe a little over a week. And then "bam" out of nowhere, the flutters hit me at the end of my work shift this morning!

I went home and I still felt them off and on. I decided to lay down to see if they would subside and I forgot something so I sat back up and I felt like 3 in a row! I just sat there and cried. The feeling is so scary and I really cannot ignore them! They subsided this morning and I haven't had another episode but the thought of them happening again scares me because I know it's just a matter of minutes, days, or weeks before the next episode comes.

And this evening while eating dinner, my younger brother was talking about his EMS class that he had just come from, a story his professor was telling the class. That some 30 something year old man was complaining about chest related issues. Got checked out, and scans and ekg/ecg came out clean. And then 3 days later, he had a massive heart attack due to blocked arteries or something of that sort. It sent my anxiety into a bigger spiral because that is something I am worried about!

This is so new for me. So I am not used to the chest sensations. I haven't felt much anxiety recently so part of me questions how much of this is anxiety and how much might be something seriously wrong.

I guess I am not looking for reassurance, just thought I would vent.

Re: So frustrated

Hi jenni they are horrible things these ectopics beats and I like you was not anxious when mine started well I didn't feel anxious but kinda came to the conclusion it was years of being an anxious person caused this and it's took a trip to hospital to realise this is not dangerous to my health the professionals caught thousands of these things on monitors but are not worried one bit they are only dangerous when your heart is not structurally normal, with health anxiety when one thing subsides we find something new to fixate and worry about and it makes the things 100 times worse

Re: So frustrated

Hi Again Jennie I'm having a bad day myself after several good ones. Anyway have you any means of taking your blood pressure, as i was getting missed beats and palpitations, I went to my doctor about it and it turned out my blood pressure was very high (over 200 upper figure, over 100 lower- caused by anxiety) i was prescribed propranolol (beta blockers) which lowered my blood pressure drastically and stopped the palpitations and also stopped the horrible adrenalin rush you get with anxiety. While i'm not recommending Beta Blockers for you, it may well be that your missed beats etc are down to same route cause.

Thread Information