Thread: Anxious about New Years Eve

Anxious about New Years Eve

Okay, this may sound pretty stupid, but I have to seek advice here otherwise I will feel even worse.

I have been making some plans for New Years Eve but they won`t work. Some of my friends will go with their partners and some decided to go in another town that night etc.
    So I`m left with no plans for the evening. I know it`s only one night but I may have to stay alone at home and I`m pretty anxious about it, not because I`m afraid of something. But because I will feel lonely while everyone will enjoy the night. Moreover, I`m really depressed when I have to stay alone. I don`t know how to cope. even my friends are not interested in how i feel. I`m in a tough situation anyway and i thought that my friends will be here with me that night, to distract me and to have fun.
    But no, they are not interested. I feel like crying.

Re: Anxious about New Years Eve

Anyone>

Hi, I can see what you mean I used to think that having no plans on new years eve was depressing and something to worry about. Now I am normally a sleep before midnight. I guess I thought with being new years eve that I was meant to be out drinking etc but in reality I just enjoyed being at home with my fanily having a take a way and watching a movie. Can you not talk to your friends if you really want to go out and maybe come up with a solution?

I hope you get something sorted

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I've been alone on NYE the past few years because my husband has had to travel for work. It does get lonely. I actually picked up shifts at work one year to stay busy, and the holiday pay was a nice bonus.

This year I'm having the opposite problem. I'm really panicky because friends are coming to our house and I won't be able to escape and go home if it's too much! They are loud and sometimes out of control (husbands college friends). I like calm, low key get together a and I know this will be the opposite.

Thread Information