Thread: REALLY bad lower back pain, worried it's kidney related

REALLY bad lower back pain, worried it's kidney related

Hi guys,

Every once in a while I'll get this flare of VERY bad lower back pain that sometimes even radiates down my sides and legs, as well as my upper back. It's VERY painful. It honestly feels like I can't straighten my back when this happens.

My back starts to feel very sore and stiff. I took a back pain pill but it hasn't done much and I also rubbed some cream and took an Epsom salt bath last night. Still in so much pain...

The pain is honestly unbearable. The only thing that makes it better is sometimes by laying down on my back or left side. Sitting and standing makes it hurt SO bad. Could this be related to kidneys? My dad thinks it's a muscle spasm. I notice that my back hurts a lot when I sit down for too long. Last week I had a training on Wednesday and Thursday from 9-5 and then Saturday something else where I was sitting from 930-345. Sunday the back pains started...

Re: REALLY bad lower back pain, worried it's kidney related

It sounds muscle related. Kidney problems usually show up as painful urination, bleeding, etc;

Going to the doc and getting an x-ray of your back may help. My husband had been getting these pains as well and it turned out to be a slight bone issue in the back. Nothing serious! The doc suggested taking it easy and staying away from high intensity sports like snowboarding for the winter (much to my hubby's dismay). Anyway, it was good for us to know, because we were a little worried as well. A hot water pad or a gel like bengay may help

Re: REALLY bad lower back pain, worried it's kidney related

I've been having lower back issues for the past fortnight. I was getting dressed and my lower back appeared to "crack" or "give way" as I was wrestling with my jeans.

The pain was bearable, however movement was restricted. Bending backwards was fine, but going forward was difficult. I've stayed away from the gym since, and have been resting it whilst at home. I get up occasionally to walk and get a bit of movement and I've been using ibuprofen gel in the morning. I also used a heat patch last night, which I'll try again tonight. It feels muscular, as it kind of carries into the but-tocks and hamstrings.

I think it stems from a combination of pounding it on the treadmill a few days before (Probably over did it) and anxiety based muscle tension whilst sat my desk at work.

Thread Information