Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!!

MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!!

Hi All,

Lately I have been feeling what’s best I can describe as like a lump in my throat. [:O] I try swallowing and I have a drink but nothing helps it still feels like there is something there. Just pressing on my windpipe not to hard but hard enough for it to be bothering and annoying and feels like I am going to choke. [xx(] It is very scary and frustrating. I know deep down that it’s probably just another one of those wonderful anxiety symptoms! The thing that upsets me though :( is I have been getting this even when I don't feel too anxious but getting that sets my anxiety off and I worry more and think the worst though. [Duh!] [)]

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this [?] Also is it possible to get the symptoms before the anxiety? As usually I get the anxiety first then the symptoms follow [No] [V] Is it possible for it to be the other way round? For example I have had times when I haven't been feeling to bad and then all of a sudden I get palpatations or something and that triggers off the anxiety! [Ugh][Sigh...] Can't win huh!!

Thanks All,

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX[:X]

Oh Pips

This is almost the most common symptom. How ever have you avoided it before !!!!

You'll find mostly that you get thicker saliva than normal with it too .

It was almost my first symptom in the build up of anxiety each time. Then I learnt to like it as it did give me a warning sign so if when I learnt to address anxiety when I got this warning, it stopped any further spiralling .

Its called globus hystericus for the record. Totaly harmless and no your windopipe cannot block off before you ask , its simply tightening of the throat muscles .

Love

Meg

Pips

I can relate to this trust me.

I had it for a couple of months (not that long ago) - couldn't swallow properly and food seemed to be stuck all the time.

I spoke to Meg about it and she said that it was probably anxiety but I wasn't feel anxious or panicky atall so I convinced myself that it was something sinister.

It made me panicky cos I felt that I couldn't swallow properly.

I promptly looked it up on the net (like we do lol) and it came up with some interesting names etc. However, it was fine when eating and I wasn't choking or anything on the food.

Anyway I went to the docs cos I was convinced it wasn't anxiety.

He didn't immediately say "oh it is anxiety" but had a look at my throat and said it was clear etc. He then just mentioned that it could be stress related and was a common symptom but if I was still worried then to go back in a month and they could put a camera down my throat.

He said that cos I was eating and not choking it was likely to be anxiety related.

Anyway that was enough for me - I didn't want the camera down the throat and it went over the next week all by itself - miracle lol!

So all I can say is go to the docs and the reassurance helped me and the thought of the alternative was enough to make me realise that it was probably anxiety - but I HAD to be told that before I believed it for myself (even though I knew that is what he would say - does that make sense).

The symptom definitely made me anxious cos I was worried that I wouldn't be able to swallow and that made me all panicky.

Yours may go just knowing what I have said here but if not then please see doc cos just the reassurance was enough to help me.

Big hug pips

xxx

Nicola

Hi Pips

i had exactly the same symptoms as you a few weeks ago, and after 5 days had had enough and went to the GP, she told me it was one of the most classic symptoms of anxiety even though at the time I wasn;t feeling particularly anxious and guess what by that night it had practically gone, so try not to worry too much about it as it 's the panic monster rearing it;s ugly head when you least expect it, hope this helps.

Take care chuck.

Elaine xxx

Hi Pips,

I've had that as well. It's very aggravating but is nothing to worry about!!

Sarah

Hi Pips,

Add me to the list of "lump in throat" sufferers¬ [V]

I used to get it so badly that I also felt as if I couldn't talk properly let alone swallow [:O]

Horrible, but it WILL pass.

Luv Kate xxxx

Hi Pips

I've had it too though not with my anxiety in the last two and a half years. Which is a bit of a surprise as I've had everything else, he he.

I got it when I was studying for my finals at uni. I remember my Dad trying to force feed me a sandwich and I was just convinced I couldn't swallow cos of the feeling. Think it took me about an hour to eat just half a piece of bread.

You're fine, just ignore it and it will go.

It's good that you see this as a trigger for noticing your anxiety. I always get symptoms when I think that I'm not stressed at all

Take care

Jules

I had this for months even before I was diagnosed with 'anxiety pnd'
    it felt like someone constantly had there hands round my throat.
    I had inhalers and antibiotics (which of course didn't work as there was nothing physically wrong with me!! - oh apart from hyperventilating when I took the inhaler and being scared to take the antiobiotics)

It is a truly awful feeling and caused me to develop my fear of anaphalactix shock (spelling I know!!!!) which are the onyl fears that still haunt me (ie nuts bees etc) - somehow - and i can understand to a certain degree how it happened I associated my tight throar with it swelling and not being able to breath and allergies and tongue swelling etc etc.

The up side is that it definetely goes away with relaxation etc and I no longer check my throat 25 times and day (I even done it when driving!! - how dangerous) or feel my lips are huge!!!!

Definetly worst symptom i have ever had (touch wood)

Love
    Lucky

Hiya Pips

Was sorry to hear how you were feeling when i got your text, but i tried to send you some of you pmt back.

I have that feeling quite often so please dont worry about it too much as you know how it makes us all feel even worse.

I will give you a call later on tonight to see how you are getting on.

Sending lots of love and hugs mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

A BIG BIG HUGE MASSIVE THANK YOU [Yes!]TO YOU: MEG, NIC, ELAINE, SARAH, KATE, JULES, LUCKY and SAL.

Your comforting words have helped me loads. Although I am still suffering it makes me realise that I am normal! [:P]LOL. I've always has a issue with breathing anyway esp with my irrational head on! So this feeling isn't helping at all! [No] I fear I will just stop breathing and that really scares me! Hubby so practically says though. You wouldn't know if you had stopped breathing anyway LOL! [Duh!] True I suppose!!

I just must keep telling myself that I know it's there but I must ignore it as much as possible. Else that dreaded spiral starts![}]

Thanks to you all again for all your support. It really means alot!

I hope you are all well. [Yeah!]

Love to you all and Take good care!!

PIP'S [:X]
    XX XX XX XX

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information