Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: josephine

josephine

hello

my main problem is i go really red and blotchy whenever i talk to most people. apart from my parents, my husband and son. So u can imagine any social situation is mortifying. Especially things like parents evenings, school functions and other things when u want to come across as being in control.

I have found that i have become trapped in a viscious circle. I fear going red more than anything even the social situation itself. I have learnt to deal with the other symptoms over the years, shaking, low self esteem , feeling generally anxious all the time but i cannot deal with this. it has totally taken over my life.

I get it even with friends and i feel so stupid. My familt tell me not to worry and that no one notices but they do because they say so.

The only thing that helps is atenolol but after 2 years on it ifelt so ill i had to stop. Although i have very high bp icannot take beta blockers on a long term basis.

I am fed up being trapped and controlled by my body. Does any one feel the same as me or have any advice on how to get out of this trap?

hope to hear from u soon

josephine

Re: josephine

Josephine, i don't know if this is any help but have to tried the foundation that women with facial birth marks use? i don't know what it's called and i guess it would be pretty expensive but if it gives you a little more confidence when going out them i'm sure it would be worth it.
    I had a friend years ago who had a very large dark purple birth mark that covered about half of her face, she used to use a special foundation to cover it! it looked very natural and you couldn't see a hint of the birth mark when she had it on!

It may be worth looking into
    Good luck hun
    LiSA
    XXXX

You know whenever I have met anyone who goes red when I talk to them I have found it really endearing and makes me want to know them more. To me that suggests the person is a sensitive person and some one I would like to get to know.

A big welcome to the site!

Piglet

Thank you for your replies. Its nice to know other people understand and have time to listen. Thanku Lisa for your advice I might try it out although i have a problem wearing make up. Not sure if it is anxiety but everytime i wear it i get dizzy, flashy lights, palpitations, headaches, everything. Im not sure if it a allergic chemical reaction or i am causing it through anxiety. I get it with perfumes and shampoos too . Weird huh!

love josephine.x

Hi Josephine,
    I know how you feel, I have had this problem for years, when i speak to anyone my face just goes red and to be honest I find it a nightmare, it happens anywhere and everywhere, I try to take a deep breath when I feel it happening but it still goes red. As you mentioned parents nights at the school were always such an ordeal!!!!
    I spoke to the doc however he said it happens to many people, and I suppose when you are a fair-skinned person it doesnt help.
    I think I will try the green foundation...
    Just thought I would let you know there are others out there in the same boat!!!!
    Take care,

Shaz x

Hi Shaz

thanku for your reply. I suppose learning to live with it is the hardest thing of all. I have so many social things coming up as well but the only thing you can do is try to ignore it. Thats what my gp says anyway. Easy for her to say!!!!!

Sorry to here you feel the same as me but also nice to hear from people in the same boat.

Take care

Josephine.x

Hi Josephine, do you find that your the type of person that always feels the heat? I tend to always be warm at work when everyone else is freezing however that could be anxiety making me warmer......I also tend to have a fast pulse rate....I dont know if thats connected!!!! I also find Im worse if Im under the weather or havent had a good sleep, I tend to go redder quicker......I think I have suffered all these years thinking its only happening to me!!!!! Nice to know there are more of us.

Shaz x

Hello Shaz

I do tend to heat up very quickly if im in a warm place and i know that it gets worse if i am anxious. I am not always hot though and sometimes im shivering when other people are warm. I get the two extremes.

I have a fast pulse rate too, but i think that must be anxiety, it does settle down a bit when im calmer but when im anxious it can go up to 120 bpm.
    Recently when i was in hospital, they thought their machine was malfunctioning because it said my heartrate was so fast!

Do u have high blood pressure?

I do, but beta blockers made me feel ill. But atenolol stopped my redness completely. It was a shame i had to stop taking them.

Does your redness come out in blotches or is it more even? Mine is all blotchy. Not attractive.!!! I also get it on my arms and chest too.

Anyway, bye for now,

Josephine.x

Hi Josephine,

I have suffered redness all my life, it was only when I hit full blown panic, I came in search for help. Ohhhh boy, Nigel IS RIGHT, trying sooo hard to learn, to NOT care about it so much is dame hard, but if you work at it, IT DOES WORK. I still get times when I feel my face go red and forget what I should be doing, but it does work in time, with alot of hard work in thought changing.

My sister does not suffer anxiety, but she is going through the change, (menapause) she goes red and has very bad bloching, she does not give a hoot, this did make me think alot.

I know mine has alot to do with SA, what people think about me, but working on that by reading lots of things on here, I am making progress, but still have more work to do, hay, things take time..

Read as mush as you can, keep practicing, it does work.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Thanku Nigel and Jill,

I am going to do my best to not let it bother me. I think if i couldnt feel the burning i could cope with it better. I get so hot it, i panic and try and get out of the situation. Feels like sunburn.

Anyway, many people cope with things far worse than me. I just have to try and calm down a bit.

Thanks again,

Love Josephine.x

P.S Thanks for the website info, Nigel. I will have a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information