Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im overthinking everything including existence

Im overthinking everything including existence

Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking that everything looks kind of virtual and that life is meaningless. Then I read a forum about a matrix and thought what if life was a big illusion all these thoughts have been plaguing me for 2 months and now Im afraid I'm driving myself crazy. I feel like i have very little emotion or drive to do anything and my perception of the world is completely messed up, I'm scared because I'm overthinking everything I feel like a different person. My family thinks Im doing this for attention but that not the case I had a panic attack two months ago while working out and constant overthinking since has gotten me feeling hopeless I feel like I need to be hypnotized to get all this crap out of my head its so sad because I was so driven and ambitious and now I feel like I'm becoming a crazy person. Its very overwhelming and I'm just tired of it its like I don't even care any more.
    Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself

Im overthinking everything, existence, philosophy,life. Please help

Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking that everything looks kind of virtual and that life is meaningless. Then I read a forum about a matrix and thought what if life was a big illusion all these thoughts have been plaguing me for 2 months and now Im afraid I'm driving myself crazy. I feel like i have very little emotion or drive to do anything and my perception of the world is completely messed up, I'm scared because I'm overthinking everything I feel like a different person. My family thinks Im doing this for attention but that not the case I had a panic attack two months ago while working out and constant overthinking since has gotten me feeling hopeless I feel like I need to be hypnotized to get all this crap out of my head its so sad because I was so driven and ambitious and now I feel like I'm becoming a crazy person. Its very overwhelming and I'm just tired of it its like I don't even care any more.
    Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird

Im Overthinking everything

Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird. I want to find myself back but its a struggle because these thoughts just pop up and sometimes i question what if its very taxing please help its like all of a sudden i think I'm a philosopher or cosmologist but it literally eating at me because i feel like I'm alone

Anxiety chatter feels like 24/7

Hey guys Im 19 years old and ever since my panic attack 2 months ago Ive been overthinking everything. I have had intrusive thoughts about the craziest stuff for the past couple months. It all started when I though how crazy it was that we are in a planet in an infinite universe. Then I started to feel life was meaningless then I read a forum and someone mentioned something about a matrix and then I thought that It was crazy how I live in a world where they haven't even proved existence all of this stuff has been plaguing me non stop. Its like its all in in my subconscious mind and it all just constantly bothers me its changed my perception on life and negative way and I can't believe I've gotten to this point. Then I started thinking how crazy it is that I exist and all of this stuff has literally been driving me nuts. Ive been questioning everything. Ive always been very athletic and artistic but these thoughts have gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore its hard to believe I've gotten to this point. I feel a stranger to myself and everything around me can someone please help i feel alone and hopeless. Its breaking me down

Has anyone else experienced this

Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird. I want to find myself back but its a struggle because these thoughts just pop up and sometimes i question what if its very taxing please help its like all of a sudden i think I'm a philosopher or cosmologist but it literally eating at me because i feel like I'm alone
    Ive been overthinking everything and I've been ruminating about all this stuff non stop. Have u guys ever pondered all this stuff its making feel like I'm going crazy but its just seems all too overwhelming. Its liked i opened a whole can of worms i wasn't ready for emotionally normally i could deflect stuff like this and not think twice about it but its become an obsession and its making me feel like I'm crazy because my perception of everything seems surreal and I've been thinking about literally everything. please help

Re: Has anyone else experienced this

I think you need to look at the OCD board as there are plenty of threads about this and a few current members discussing it. Also, those on the DP/DR board often find themselves suffering these types of issues.

There is plenty of good advice about it from those who have been through it.

Has anyone else experienced this. PLEASE REPLY

Ive been overthinking everything and I've been ruminating about all this stuff non stop. Have u guys ever pondered all this stuff its making feel like I'm going crazy but its just seems all too overwhelming. Its liked i opened a whole can of worms i wasn't ready for emotionally normally i could deflect stuff like this and not think twice about it but its become an obsession and its making me feel like I'm crazy because my perception of everything seems surreal and I've been thinking about literally everything. please help

Re: Has anyone else experienced this. PLEASE REPLY

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Im overthinking everything including existence

I have merged all your posts as they are about the same thing.

I will also move this to the DP/DR forum

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Im overthinking everything including existence

Thanks you that means a lot. I was so worried and engaged in these thoughts, it was getting to the point where I forgot to how to live. Thank you for your reply that was very comforting. Its just been overwhelming. I went my whole life without thinking twice about all this stuff and then all of sudden I was like wait a minute what is this whole thing. I started pondering everything and i couldn't help it because its like everything is a mystery. Its all scary to think about tbh. Im religious but for some reason its hard to shift my focus off these thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information