Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaciness

Spaciness

Does anyone else get a spacy feeling, where you feel like someone is squeezing your brain and sort of light headed. It's really hard to explain. I keep convincing myself I've got a brain tumour.

I can't bear all this worry that something's seriously wrong with me, it's ruining my life.

xxDebxx

Hi Debs

Yes! I do get something similar to this and it seems to be a common symptom for us anxious/panicking types.. easy to say but: don't worry I also get a weird light-headed feeliing, like my brain is going to fall out of the back of my head.. very odd and very unpleasant but Y.A.S. (yet another symptom!)

So, I seriously doubt it's anything other than anxiety which is giving you this feeling.. it's hard to describe and can feel sinister but it's just another facet of anxiety/panic.

Good luck and good health

J

yes i too get that feeling and also the foggy brain where nothing seems real as if its all floating about

fan x

Thank God!!! I am so glad I found this forum

xxDebxx

Yes Fan, I get that too.

Debs,
    Try deep relaxation. It usually does the trick. Do you have a relaxation tape. If not Im sure Nicola can recommend a good one.

Jude x

Debs,

I often get 'the spacy feeling' especially when I'm out, away from home, &, I suppose, the good old safety zone. And---the 'foggy brain' that Fan describes. (I had put that down to the "confused old woman" syndrome!! but now realise that's it's all part of Mr Panic & Mrs Anxiety.)

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

I think the light headed feelings and sense of detachment you describe 'can' be attributed to shallow breathing which often accompanies anxiety problems. This is certainly how it has been explained to me by several doctors. I am at a stage after a year of various tests where I accept that my symptons are anxiety related and this board is tremendous in helping as part of a recovery program, it is not however a substitute for proper medical opinion and if you are feeling unwell with the symptons you describe I suggest you visit your GP first and get a Doctor to clarify things with you.

I had CT and MRI scans last year after left side paralysis which accompanied the light headed and detached feelings. The scans showed everything was normal and it was suggested that even the paralysis could have been brought on by anxiety as there was no other clinical way of explaining the episode. I however would have only accepted this after having a CT and MRI scan.

Hi Deb

Take a moment to read this.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

I agree with everything that has been said. I made the same conncection that davidr mentioned with the shallow breathing. Part of my recovery is learning how to regulate my breathing.

Hi Deb

Yes, I have had this and trhe one psymptom I seem to have been left with now is shallow breathing which brings on many other symptoms, can't win eh!

Take care

Elaine x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information