Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Four months of joint/muscle aches, twitches and worry

Re: Four months of joint/muscle aches, twitches and worry

Well....saw Neuro again. CK tests fine and EMG showed no Motor Neurone potential so all ok on the MND front.

Brain MRI had one small spot of something though. Neuro said it could be anything and certainly it was fine for some people to have them. Could have been a bang on the head somewhen or something from birth or a virus once. However of course it also could be the first MS lesion. He seemed confident all would be ok and suggested second MRI in 6 months to review (apparently in the USA they wouldn't have taken a second look as they are happy to allow one of these spots per each decade of your life?). Said if I was still super anxious though then there are a battery of other MS tests they could run on me.

Not sure what to do. Have been really achey/creaky for last 2 weeks now. Back of thighs really fatigued, right arm aches from the smallest things.

Do I :

- Wait it out for 6 months
    - See an anxiety therapist to see if my other symptoms could just be that
    - Go through the stress of yet more tests

Confused as hell.

Hi Eleven

Glad to see every thing turned out ok on the Motor Nurone Disease worries.

I had my nero appointment on the 11th ..... He said 100% i do not have Parkinsons, MS, or Motor Nurone Disease.

So you would think that would be the end of it right ?? Well this is me we are talking about so no. While walking the other day, it was slightly windy and i felt as if the wind was going to blow me over. So im thinking ..... If i had MND/ALS then the neuro would of found weakness right ? He didnt.

Like the idiot i am i went googling again. Doctors say that Fasiculations come after weakness, but people on an als site said something different.

Surely after 5 months of twitching if it was MND i would be showing signs of weakness that can be picked up by a GP/NEURO right??

Also i notice when i walk, i feel as if im walking too slow, but i think its some weird illusion. Think this is anxiety? My legs also feel heavy. Also i have this electronic tingle thing going on in my left arm.

Think im going to see my neuro again, and get this put to rest once and for all.

Eleven ..... I would go see a Psychologist and get some CBT. Ive just recently started seeing one my self.

Have you had any blood testa for low b12 i had this and sound like you.

I've crept back to my bad ways again...

- Obsessive checking of left eye vision (just doesn't feel as strong as right) = MS
    - Occasional shooting pains in head and thought of that patch on my brain from MRI scan = Tumour
    - Calves twitching like mad = MND

Acro, how is your CBT? I have found a local therapist (unsure if CBT or not) and am considering seeing her about my anxiety and (I think) slight depression. Just feel low about everything at the mo.

Certain types of medicine cause this also. Namely, Seroquel and Abilify. If I take too much the twitching and jerking is horrible.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    I've crept back to my bad ways again...

- Obsessive checking of left eye vision (just doesn't feel as strong as right) = MS
    - Occasional shooting pains in head and thought of that patch on my brain from MRI scan = Tumour
    - Calves twitching like mad = MND

Acro, how is your CBT? I have found a local therapist (unsure if CBT or not) and am considering seeing her about my anxiety and (I think) slight depression. Just feel low about everything at the mo.

Hi Eleven

The CBT is going well. Im also on Medication now too. Its called Aurorix. Its actaully really good, its got no side effects at all.

My twitching is fading. Im still getting the odd twitch though. The jerking of the limbs has also reduced and almost gone.

How are you going? Have you got it sorted?

Guys,

I am also worried about these things. My fingers feel that stiff and I don't feel that I can move them the same as usual like I am using different fingers to try to do something and they get more rigid as I try different positions, lack of coordination etc. I am also getting twitches but they only started after I started worrying and are all over and not necessarily more in my hands than any where else.

I have been really anxious and most of the symptoms started after I started worrying about them. Is it possible for the brain (I.e. anxiousness) to create severe symptoms?

I feel weak, but when I squeeze something I am still strong. I have also been feeling a little shaky and don't seem to reach out as far as I should and there is some delay when I try to click the mouse, i.e. I want to double click but I will end up only clicking once. i am really jumpy too... is this a sign of hyper reflexes?

Before I started worrying about it there was only two slight occurrences. Once when it took me four tries to find the corner of a piece of paper and another when I went to grab a receipt from a cashier and it took me a number of tries to find it (but at that time I was also running half an hour late for an appointment).

Can someone help me put my mind to rest as before i worried about these things I did not have any weakness or such, but when I thought about these two things (and a little bit of trouble typing - but I was going through dizziness (I suffer from vertigo) and had been over working myself), I did not notice anything that amiss. Once I started thinking about every movement of my hands then each thing I did felt wrong and awkward and it was only then that everything started to get worse.

Sorry I am rambling, but I totally know how this can be scary. I am also 37 so know that MND is a rare disease and mostly in people above 50, although is becoming more common in younger people.

Please help!!!

Rachel
    Last edited by Rachel W; 13-10-08 at 16:03. Reason: missed something

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel W View Post
    Guys,

I am also worried about these things. My fingers feel that stiff and I don't feel that I can move them the same as usual like I am using different fingers to try to do something and they get more rigid as I try different positions, lack of coordination etc. I am also getting twitches but they only started after I started worrying and are all over and not necessarily more in my hands than any where else.

I have been really anxious and most of the symptoms started after I started worrying about them. Is it possible for the brain (I.e. anxiousness) to create severe symptoms?

I feel weak, but when I squeeze something I am still strong. I have also been feeling a little shaky and don't seem to reach out as far as I should and there is some delay when I try to click the mouse, i.e. I want to double click but I will end up only clicking once. i am really jumpy too... is this a sign of hyper reflexes?

Before I started worrying about it there was only two slight occurrences. Once when it took me four tries to find the corner of a piece of paper and another when I went to grab a receipt from a cashier and it took me a number of tries to find it (but at that time I was also running half an hour late for an appointment).

Can someone help me put my mind to rest as before i worried about these things I did not have any weakness or such, but when I thought about these two things (and a little bit of trouble typing - but I was going through dizziness (I suffer from vertigo) and had been over working myself), I did not notice anything that amiss. Once I started thinking about every movement of my hands then each thing I did felt wrong and awkward and it was only then that everything started to get worse.

Sorry I am rambling, but I totally know how this can be scary. I am also 37 so know that MND is a rare disease and mostly in people above 50, although is becoming more common in younger people.

Please help!!!

Rachel

Hi Rachel

I think you are suffering from Anxiety.

My fingers in my left hand felt stiff and i also had muscle twitches all over my body. I also had weakness in the left hand. It wasnt real clincial weakness but a feeling of weakness.... it wasnt real. I still had my strength.

Anyway all over body twitches are a symptom of anxiety and not MND. Twitching in MND occurs in 1 area of the body Eg: Your Arm. It does not move from say your left hand, to your right arm, to your back, to your right leg, to your left thigh.

Secondly by the time someone has twitching, there is obvious weakness, And if its not obvious to you, it will be to a Dr.

You asked if "Is it possible for the brain (I.e. anxiousness) to create severe symptoms?"

It sure is possible 100% with out any doubt. I couldn't get my head around it at first either, but it is possible.

I think everyone has trouble picking up the corners of paper too. Even i have that problem - even as a child, and when you are anxious and worried about things like MND, you will notice every little thing your body does, as with before you think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AcroSplat View Post
    Hi Eleven

The CBT is going well. Im also on Medication now too. Its called Aurorix. Its actaully really good, its got no side effects at all.

My twitching is fading. Im still getting the odd twitch though. The jerking of the limbs has also reduced and almost gone.

How are you going? Have you got it sorted?
    Glad to hear things are better for you. I'm much the same. Been obsessed with me left eye the last two weeks. Just seems a bit blurrier and have lots of floaters in it. When I'm using the PC or watching telly it just keeps catching me every now and then - like it's not working hard enough. Still stressed about right arm too (though I'm sure RSI is affecting it - where is best place for someone to assess it?) and aches in thighs.

All in all I'm still a bit of a mess...

Hi

Just wanted to say that my feet twitch every day along with various other twitches all over. I also get the twitches where mt foot/arm/leg/finger/thumb will actually move. This happens quite frequently - does anybody else get that????

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information