Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever achieved freedom from your thoughts

Have you ever achieved freedom from your thoughts

Thank you all for your kind words, I find being trapped so hard, but today after having an awful start to te weekend I went out for a little walk to the beach with the children and the dog, I only stayed for about 30 mins but I drove there and I drove back and it felt good to be out, but tonight I am suffering for it, I sleep a lot during the day because i find sleeping at night unbearable, i have night attacks so I tend to stay awake until about 3ish when I feel I can no longer stay awake, then I am up and even if I have about 9 hours sleep I still tend to sleep during the day as well, its like having ME somedays, although my doctor has said not. I am due to start CBT as well but I have great reservations, I have spent twenty two years in counselling since I had my first attack at 14 and I have never found the answer, I just want to know why??? thats the question i ask everyday. I am intelligent, and have always been a survivor in everything so why does it have to be like this!!! I want to be normal if there is such a thing, I want to wake up in the morning and not panic at the shear thought of getting out of bed, taking the kids to school travelling on my own, all the things normal people do!! do we ever get a break ! when do we get to say enough, I have tried it,but it lasts for a few secs, its nice at the time. I want to grab life by the bulls, go out and not give a damn and have fun whilst i am doing it, i want to fly in a plane and not worry about it and I want to step outside and fell safe and secure and free, I take cipramil and beta blockers but nothing stops the fear and the thoughts, nothing changes the though patterns and I resent it so much, especially when I see other mums walking to school without a care in the world. When i see women coming off the bus near my home with bags of shopping and I would give my right arm to do that has anyone ever got there! and actually achieved it all even for a short period of time, it must be wonderful !!!

scknight

Hi Scknight

Eventually we can get there trust me, i was where you are and now i can do almost anything.

It takes time and hard work and dont forget i get bad days but i remember the good days and they will come again hun. Its a big step but worth it in the end however hard it is.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Susan

There is light at the end of the tunnel I can assure you, I was once like you and gradually things do get better with hard work and determination.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Susan

Yes I feel exactly the same. I often ask why is it when there are so many wicked people in this world, that it is the people that want to love and care for their family and do what is best that have to suffer. Having read alot of posts I know that it is possible to beat it you just have to be patient and positive. Hard I know but possible. Take care and take everyday as it comes and dont expect too much of yourself. Try not to compare yourself to other people. I look at my husband and watch him and my children being ok and am envious of them so you are not alone trust me.

Take care

Janine

Hi Susan,

Get out as much as you can. If you have a beach that is great. Sometimes you won't be able to face going out, but even if you can't face it you should go because you always feel better as a result.

--
    Blue
    "to hope till Hope creates from its own wreck the thing it contemplates"

Hi Susan

How are things going for you today?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi susan,

I hope things have been ok today, i understand the feling of wanting to be like every one else but they will have there probs aswell i bet, i have suffered since i was 15 ish now 35 so i know where you are coming from, but i had a few years in between where i was fine, im off meds now and it has ben a long time since i have had a really bad day i have little blips but they dont last long i can now talk myself out of them,

so there is hope for you, some days i still find it hard to motivate myself but i make myself and im always glad i did, i still read every post and finding this site has been such a rock for me knowing that people understand and are going through the same things, never give up hope, just try and think happy positive thoughts think of good times you have had and all the good things in your life,

I am determined this time not to slip not to let it beat me, i do hope this has helped a little bit
    take care xxx

kairen x

hi susan

U will get through it, it can b a slow process i guess its how positive u feel from day to day or how bad the anxiety is. I thought mine wud never go but soon as all those horrid symptoms started to disappear i knew i was getting better it took 2mths. I had the sleeping problems to there were nites i wud b awake all nite and the nxt day i wud feel so dreadful.

With my anxiety now gone i can feel more positive that when it comes back {hopefully not for along time} that it will diappear even when i am feeling at my lowest.

I really do hope u will feel better soon.

take care
    lin xx

Susan ,

It is definately possible to get over this fully.

This from the girl who wouldn't go 300 yds to the post office who is back running national projects where I have to cover the country by road and have been away abroad 4 times so far this year - some alone, some with family.

It is hard work and progress is bumpy and slow at times but Oh yes, it is possible to get over it.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi susan,

is it possible to be free of this, yep, dose it happen very qucikly, nope, and it does take hard work.

but read some of your replies, it is possible to lead an anxiety free life, well to some degree as everyone has worry and thats perfectly natural and healthy.

taken me 14 months or so to feel 95% better, not an easy ride at times and many a time ive felt like enough is enough but you battle through, horrendous feelings and thought, but thats all they are, just thoughts and worry.

cbt in my opinion has not only helped me with this anxiety but ive adapted it to many situations and do feel a more rounded person because of it......hope today is better for you.

take care

doddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information