Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DAY 4 -Am i over the worst?

Re: DAY 4 -Am i over the worst?

well I didn't like to correct you... glad it made you laugh though, that must be a good sign.

Its just as good a sign that I noticed it. When I get depressed I often jumble things up and make mistakes. Spotting an error like that is an excellant sign. I wouldn't have minded if you'd put me right but its nice the way it turned out. Thank you.

DD

I know what you mean about not being very sharp when depressed. Or on medication...I am sure Citalopram dulls my wits a bit; when I came off it I suddenly felt much more tuned in and bright.

But am quite happy to be slightly foggy if it takes the blackness away.

hi all, just got my internet access back. Doing ok, has a nasty stomach bug over thurs/friday. I can't believe how i'm getting one thing after another - like having anxiety and starting citalopram isnt enough!

Now on day 14, and have been taking 15mg for past 3 days in order to step up to 20mg tommorrow or wed. Still getting tightness in chest and been feeling lightheaded and groggy, especially in this heat. But seem a lot more stable than before. Had a nice rest at my mum and dad's. Now back at my house feeling that i'm getting a little bit better each day.

that's good scrumpy, hopefully you will be over the worst now!

The heat doesn't help. Many people struggle to sleep when it gets this hot, and to the depressive this is just more hours of each day to panic.

To be honest 10mg never even touched the sides of my depression so I am sure when you get to 20mg you will start to really notice it taking effect. Keep chatting, and I will keep looking for your replies.

Best of luck.

DD

You guys have really inspired me - I feel a bit of a coward now for dropping back down to 10mg after only two days on the 20mg!

Until I can see my doc next week, I'm going to gradually increase (1/4 for a three nights and then a half) and see if I can cope with it better then.

I'm on day and the shakiness and nausea have gone somewhat, so I'm going to bite the bullet and not be afraid of the side-affects, just take it slowly and llow my body to adapt.

Hi.on my second day of citolopram and keep feeling sick and spaced out is this normal and howlong doesit last I amon 10mg.

Trust me, its get better. But it does take time and you can feel a lot worse during that time. The action of the drug and the very nature of depression makes it hard. Too hard for some. I'm up a dose now and am feeling teary at times. Fighting to stay in control. You have to do the same. All these symptoms will pass us by and the stories here will help us see their is light at the end of even the blackest tunnel.

Bella, Water... it will get better. When you find your dose and you get used to it all of the bad feelings will drop away.

DD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information