Thread: sore gum

sore gum

hey i have a couple of health anx issues today and i have the weekend off work and i dont wanna spend all weekend worrying. just wondered if i could have advice and reassurance?

my first problem is i woke up today with a sort of sore feeling at the back of mouth on the gum area, just wondered if anyone has experienced this before? and what it could be?

also...my old brain tumour fear is coming back as i have been getting a lot of headaches lately as well aches around the eyes and down the face.

any advice/reassurance ASAP? i would really appreciate it.

Please reply
    Love Louise

Re: sore gum

Those actually sound like a sinus problem. Sore gums and face is what I had when I found out I had a sinus infection. I also had the headaches but they told me those were tension headaches. Do you sneeze alot or when you bend over does your face hurt worse? Sinus infections can cause your gums and teeth to hurt. I hope you feel better soon.

it could be a sinus problem although i had a sinus problem a couple of weeks ago when i had a bad cold and i thought it had passed. even though i dont have a cold could it be a sinus problem?
    Please reply
    Love Louise

You can get sinus pain or sinusitis without having a cold. I'm just getting over a 4-week bout of viral sinusitis. Most of the post-nasal drip and other symptoms (swollen glands, labyrinthitis, generally feeling rubbish) have cleared up now but I've still got a some sinus pressure and occasional pain. My doc says this can go on for a while.

Your sinuses can also be irritated by dryness, worse in winter and dry air-conditioned environments. I find breathing in steam helps to ease it a bit, or you could try a nasal spray.

Hope that helps

Thread Information